Views
Helpful
Replies

WebEx Queries

nitin_gaur1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are working with a large financial customer in Australia and they have asked a few questions which I cannot seem to find the answer for.

If you have any recent white papers on product guides on this, it will be much appreciated.

1. Session encryption, for both Cisco terminated and E2E encryption (they understand the implications on recording for E2E). They had concerns that Cisco are stuck on SSL 2.0 with no consideration being given to SSL 3.0 or TLS. From what I can ascertain the sessions are established with TLS 1.2, AES 128 and SHA256 (looking at the encryption from my browser to do.webex.com), or AES 256 for E2E (from the WebEx knowledgebase) – do you know of any documents that state this.

2. At rest data encryption. Its believed to be AES 128, but are there any documents that state this, they need to have this documented. I couldn’t find anything.

3. There are some documents highlight that some post-meeting data is kept. I assured them that unless recorded the meeting information itself is transient, and they were happy with this, but they need to understand what post-meeting metadata is kept – e.g. are IP addresses of participants kept? As they need to make their members aware of anything that could potentially identify them, which may be being kept.

regards,

nitin

1 Reply 1

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Nitin,

This forum is for Cisco WebEx Meetings Server and Cisco Unified MeetingPlace products and is probably not observed by WebEx SaaS experts. I would suggest reaching out to your Cisco Sales Engineer in order to connect you with WebEx SaaS expert that can comment on this, provide some documentation, and possibly share any roadmap plans that might address these concerns (if not addressed already).

I hope this will help you get to the answers needed faster.

Kind regards,

-Dejan