cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What is the backend for that Jabber iPad and Windows client?

crunkisized
Level 1
Level 1

Are you using CUPS server, or Webex?  Are both options?

Message was edited on April 19, 2013:  Kelli Glass, Cisco Collaboration Community Moderator, added community category and tags for greater ease in filtering (no change to content).

4 Replies 4

mvild
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Brett,

There are several backend options:

Presence and IM: Cisco WebEx Connect Cloud backend & CUP

Rich Call Control and video: Unified Communications Manager

TelePresence Video: Cisco Video Communication Server (VCS)

TelePresence Video: Cisco Jabber Video Service (Cloud based service)

Hi There!  Thanks for the reply.  In that demo by Laurent, in the iPad client, when he joined a WebEx session, was it pulled up inside of the Jabber application, or did it pull up the WebEx app separately?

Also, if you are running Jabber with VCS, would CUPS or CUCM also be in play?  I don't think so .. just trying to clarify.

(I used to work with Louis before I left Cisco. I believe we had dinner in CA a few years ago with Louis and Jordy!  Hope all is well).

The WebEx Mobile - It's an awesome app!

The WebEx app is required to join a meeting from the iPad.   Anyway, the webex app is a separate app that works with the Jabber app.  If a meeting is launched and the webex app is not installed, the user will be asked to download and install (which is a very quick and easy process).

Re VCS and CUCM/CUP,  Think of it this way, VCS is one "call control" backend and CUCM/is another.  I can only be registered to one at a time.

Hope this helps.

Glad to see you are still engaged with the technology!

mvild
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Clarify,

Jabber for Windows will not support registering to VCS, nor the Jabber Video Service (Cloud based) directly in this first release.