Announcements

Cisco Community Designated VIP Class of 2020

Call control via CIsco Telephony API

Views
Helpful
Comments
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Matthew J Denapoli on 20-05-2011 06:32:33 PM
I am integrating a medical application with the Cius andCall Manager.
I have the presence (XMPP) and click to call (cisco telephony) working but I have a couple of questions:

1) I there a way to call a person using their call manager id instead of the phone number (via the ICall.originate method)

2) Is there a way to prevent the phone app from popping up when I have disabled video calling via MediaDirection.MEDIA_DIRECTION_INACTIVE.
The scenario the doctor chooses whether they want to video conference or just talk on the phone. If they just choose talk then I want them to stay in the app so they can talk about what they are looking at (the app will have the basic
phone controls available).

Thanks,
Don

Subject: RE: Call  control via CIsco Telephony API
Replied by: Larry Michalewicz on 22-05-2011 05:06:45 PM
For # 1, the answer is no.  You can only dial by number.  I'm not sure what "call manager id" means, I suspect you mean the username.  If so, there are several APIs that you can use to map a user ID to a phone number.

For #2, the answer is again no.  There are no hooks for disable the dialer user interface.  You should however be able to put your application back on top very quickly after making the call.

Larry M.

I am integrating a medical application with the Cius andCall Manager.
I have the presence (XMPP) and click to call (cisco telephony) working but I have a couple of questions:

1) I there a way to call a person using their call manager id instead of the phone number (via the ICall.originate method)

2) Is there a way to prevent the phone app from popping up when I have disabled video calling via MediaDirection.MEDIA_DIRECTION_INACTIVE.
The scenario the doctor chooses whether they want to video conference or just talk on the phone. If they just choose talk then I want them to stay in the app so they can talk about what they are looking at (the app will have the basic
phone controls available).

Thanks,
Don

Replied by: Matthew J Denapoli on 22-05-2011 05:45:15 PM
Thanks Larry,

I will use your suggestion on #2

On #1 I have the UCM user id and I would like to obtain the phone number associated with that id. I could not find an API function that would obtain the number. I could only find how to obtain the number for a call that is active. If there is one could you point me to it?

Thanks,
Don

Replied by: David Staudt on 23-05-2011 10:51:34 AM
There are no APIs on the Cius itself for looking up UCM users.  A couple of options:

- If the UCM is configured to sync users with an LDAP, you can use an LDAP library on the Cius to do the lookup (Google suggests http://www.unboundid.com/products/ldapsdk/ )
- UCM hosts a web/XML based directory service normally used by desktop IP phones.  You could potentially use this (via scrape) to do lookups.  Note this would not be an officially supported interface.
- UCM AXL SOAP API provides full UCM database access, including user info; however access is read/write, not suitable for end-users.  You would want to create a server-side service to talk to AXL, with a proxy API for Cius (or other) device use. http://developer.cisco.com/web/axl/docs
CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
FusionCharts will render here