cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Community Helping Community

CVP Application Deployment Issue

539
Views
0
Helpful
0
Comments
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Ganesh K on 24-05-2010 03:03:15 PM
Hi,
We have CVP 7.0(1) with all components and Call studio 7.0(1), once I made CVP setup I have deployed the sample application which is provided by Cisco(HelloWorld), it was successfully deployed and we were able to hear the hello_world prompt as well.
Then I have modified the same HelloWorld application to play as a TTS(unchecked and removed the default audio path) then I deployed from Call studio but still it was reading out the same prompt. So from applications/HelloWorld/admin, I ran suspendApp.bat and updateApp.bat but it didn't work.
 
Later, I have removed the application from applications then redepolyed the same HelloWorld from original backup,even this is also not working.
 
Now actually it is not getting deployed from Callstudio (i.e its not throwing an error), but it is creating the HelloWorld folder with all subfolders and files. I tried depolying it from deployApp.bat then I am receiving an error
"Application 'HelloWorld' has been fully deployed however errors were encountered
while initializing the application. This could happen if logger(s) encountered e
rrors on initialization which prevented them from being activated. It could also
 happen if start of application class(es) that were configured not to cancel the
 deploy/update encountered errors while executing. See the application error log
 or the global error log for descriptions of the error(s) encountered."
 
and below is the error og file
ErrorLog
Error with admin application deploy,05/24/2010 20:08:09.780,There was a problem instantiating the logger class com.cisco.cvp.vxml.datafeed.DatafeedLogger. There were no problems deploying the application. This error only prevented this logger from loading.  The error was: java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
 at com.cisco.cvp.vxml.datafeed.DatafeedLogger.initialize(DatafeedLogger.java:176)
 at com.audium.server.logger.ApplicationLoggerBase.init(ApplicationLoggerBase.java:98)
 at com.audium.server.controller.AudiumServerConfiguration.instantiateLoggers(AudiumServerConfiguration.java:468)
 at com.audium.server.controller.AudiumServerConfiguration.initialize(AudiumServerConfiguration.java:864)
 at com.audium.server.controller.Admin.deployApp(Admin.java:580)
 at com.audium.server.controller.Admin.cmdDeployApp(Admin.java:550)
 at com.audium.server.controller.Admin.executeCommand(Admin.java:226)
 at com.audium.server.controller.Admin.run(Admin.java:1279)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
 
Please reply to this post with solution/suggestion, if somebody crossed this kind of issue.

Subject: Re: New Message from Ganesh K in Customer Voice Portal (CVP) - CVP - All Ve
Replied by: Janine Graves on 24-05-2010 04:38:09 PM
Hi Ganesh,

1.When you write a NEW app within Studio and Deploy from Studio, you
need to run the 'deployApp.bat' script (or deployAllNewApps.bat) in
order to be able to call into it.

2.If you modify an existing application in Studio and Deploy from
Studio, you need to run the updateApp.bat (or updateAllApps.bat) script
in order for the changes to take effect for all new callers (current
callers will still execute the old copy of the app)

If you're not sure whether to run the deployApp or updateApp, you could
run both just to be sure. But, you could also execute the 'status.bat'
script and see if VxmlServer knows about the application name.

3.If you've run the 'suspendApp.bat' script, then you MUST run the
'resumeApp.bat' script otherwise you'll never be able to call into the
application - you'll hear 'sorry that application has been taken down
for maintenance' - even after rebooting.

Janine


On 5/24/2010 11:03 AM, Cisco Developer Community Forums wrote:
> Ganesh K has created a new message in the forum "CVP - All Versions":
>
> --------------------------------------------------------------
> Hi,
> We have CVP 7.0(1) with all components and Call studio 7.0(1), once I
> made CVP setup I have deployed the sample application which is
> provided by Cisco(HelloWorld), it was successfully deployed and we
> were able to hear the hello_world prompt as well.
> Then I have modified the same HelloWorld application to play as a
> TTS(unchecked and removed the default audio path) then I deployed from
> Call studio but still it was reading out the same prompt. So from
> applications/HelloWorld/admin, I ran suspendApp.bat and updateApp.bat
> but it didn't work.
> Â
> Later, I have removed the application from applications then
> redepolyed the same HelloWorld from original backup,even this is also
> not working.
> Â
> Now actually it is not getting deployed from Callstudio (i.e its not
> throwing an error), but it is creating the HelloWorld folder with all
> subfolders and files. I tried depolying it from deployApp.bat then I
> am receiving an error
> "Application 'HelloWorld' has been fully deployed however errors were
> encountered
> while initializing the application. This could happen if logger(s)
> encountered e
> rrors on initialization which prevented them from being activated. It
> could also
> Â happen if start of application class(es) that were configured not to
> cancel the
> Â deploy/update encountered errors while executing. See the
> application error log
> Â or the global error log for descriptions of the error(s) encountered."
> Â
> and below is the error og file
> *ErrorLog*
> Error with admin application deploy,05/24/2010 20:08:09.780,There was
> a problem instantiating the logger class
> com.cisco.cvp.vxml.datafeed.DatafeedLogger. There were no problems
> deploying the application. This error only prevented this logger from
> loading.  The error was: java.lang.NullPointerException
> java.lang.NullPointerException
> Â at
> com.cisco.cvp.vxml.datafeed.DatafeedLogger.initialize(DatafeedLogger.java:176)
> Â at
> com.audium.server.logger.ApplicationLoggerBase.init(ApplicationLoggerBase.java:98)
> Â at
> com.audium.server.controller.AudiumServerConfiguration.instantiateLoggers(AudiumServerConfiguration.java:468)
> Â at
> com.audium.server.controller.AudiumServerConfiguration.initialize(AudiumServerConfiguration.java:864)
> Â at com.audium.server.controller.Admin.deployApp(Admin.java:580)
> Â at com.audium.server.controller.Admin.cmdDeployApp(Admin.java:550)
> Â at com.audium.server.controller.Admin.executeCommand(Admin.java:226)
> Â at com.audium.server.controller.Admin.run(Admin.java:1279)
> Â at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
> Â
> Please reply to this post with solution/suggestion, if somebody
> crossed this kind of issue.
> --
> To respond to this post, please click the following link:
>
> <http://developer.cisco.com/web/cvp/forums/-/message_boards/message/2200163>
>
> or simply reply to this email.

--
Janine Graves
781-990-1040

Subject: RE: Re: New Message from Ganesh K in Customer Voice Portal (CVP) - CVP - Al
Replied by: Ganesh K on 25-05-2010 02:45:28 PM
Thanks for the information it really helps me...
CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
FusionCharts will render here