Views
Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: MichaelJ Lemen on 19-11-2008 08:14:39 PM
When the phone is controlled via JTAPI and CFW is enabled or disabled on they physical phone. A new call is created. Is there any way to detect a CFW enable/disable "call" from a normal call?

Thanks,
Mike

Subject: Re: Detect CFW enable/disable "call"
Replied by: Stephan Steiner on 20-11-2008 01:43:32 PM
Good question.. just noted that if we use the standard cfwd mechanism, I get calls I don't want necessarily want in the call log I'm keeping via JTAPI.

I haven't spent the time investigating yet but what I will do is change jtracer so that it dumps the result of CiscoCallEv.getCiscoCause and CiscoCallEv.getCiscoFeatureReason in the hopes that then the events will look different from the events I get for a regular call forward. Maybe this'll get me somewhere. If not, the only thing that comes to mind would be having a soft criteria.. e.g. if immediately after initiating the call, it is cleared again, it would be a callforward call (it is unfortunate that we don't get callforward state events like TAPI provides.. imho that would be a valuable addition to the existing termstate events). Looking at jtrace, it seems that a CallCtlConnOfferedEv is immediately followed by a CallCtlConnDisconnectedEv with CallControlCause.CAUSE_REDIRECTED.. I think this wouldn't happen in any regular scenario (unless you have cfwdnoanswer delay set to 0, but then I haven't tried if you can even do that.. it makes little sense.. and I suppose it would have to be at least 1 in which case we'd already have a noticeable difference in delay between the two events).
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links