Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: deniz caglar on 14-08-2008 06:17:24 AM
Hi,

Is it possible to handle errors while reading audio files using audio files directly or say it smart. For exampe, i want to read an audio file but if that file does not exits in the folder, i want to read any other file and go on my flow. But it promts error audio and hangs up when can't find the first audio file. So at that point can i catch the case and turn back to studio for reading second audio.

Thanks,
Deniz

Subject: Re: Handling Audio Errors
Replied by: Ranjana Narayan on 14-08-2008 06:48:21 AM
Hi Deniz,

According to the specification, if the audio file doesn't exist or if the url is invalid, the browser should not throw any event but instead plays nothing and carries on with the next VXML tag.
But if you do see an error, one workaround is to specify a TTS string along with the url of the audio in the Studio configuration or in the SIS plugin. The TTS string would act as a backup if the audio is not available.

Hope this helps,
Ranjana.

Replied by: Janine Graves on 14-08-2008 10:53:40 PM
Having a TTS string as backup will only prevent the error from being thrown if the customer has a TTS server. If the audio file is missing, the voice gateway will try to send the TTS text to a TTS server. And if there isn't one then you'll still get the original error.

It is possible to use a HotEvent element to catch the error.badfetch.http (which is probably the event being thrown by the gateway when the audio file is missing).

You could create a variable that you constantly when you enter an element, to keep track of which element you are in. If an error occurs, you could find out what element had caused the error, and route around it accordingly.

Or you could buy a TTS Server!

Replied by: deniz caglar on 20-08-2008 11:22:38 AM
Thanks for your answers.

We don't use tts because of the language. But using a hot event can be the solution. I tried to use an audio file that is not in my folder and got "error.noresource" error. So how can ı use hotevent? Is my event "error.noresource" ? and should i write a java class to handle it or is there any written java class to use. Is there a document that includes information and samples of hotevents.

Replied by: Janine Graves on 20-08-2008 12:49:34 PM
Use the hotevent element in studio and put in the exact event name that you received (case sensititve).

Then just create an exit state on the hotevevnt element to reroute the code. You don't need any java.

All the vxml events are listed in the standard vxml specification on the W3C website.

Replied by: deniz caglar on 20-08-2008 01:06:42 PM
It works, thank you.

Subject: RE: Re: Handling Audio Errors
Replied by: indumathiIVR (simulated) on 27-11-2009 09:53:32 AM
Hi,

We are facing an issue regarding error.noresource.

When an audio element is not available in the folder / invalid uri , we expect "error.noresource" to be thrown. 
But the error event is not thrown when audio file is not found. Gateway used is " Cisco-IOS-C5350/12.4(24) T1"
Flow is continuing as if no error happened. There is no clue found on either activity log or debug log.

What should be done to get the event.

[FYI. In another CVP environment having  IOS G/W 12.4(15) T8  "error.noresource" is being thrown.]

Any help to figure out the issue is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Indu

Subject: RE: Re: Handling Audio Errors
Replied by: Janine Graves on 28-11-2009 03:32:16 AM
You must modify the voiceXML Gateway configuration to include 'vxml version 2.0'  and  'vxml audierror'  - then the gateway will send you error.badfetch.http when the audio file is missing. It will NOT send you error.noresource.

Janine
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links