Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: null on 20-05-2004 07:54:40 PM
Hello,
Is it possible to remove an element's previous element data from existence? Suppose I visit an element named "X" and create an element data called "X".NumberOfTheDay. The next time I visit element "X" I would like to "delete" the element's previous data, which was "X".NumberOfTheDay, and create new element data called "X".LetterOfTheDay. Is this possible?

Thank you in advance

Subject: RE: Handling Varying Element Data
Replied by: Michael Bochynski on 21-05-2004 11:27:59 PM
Hi,

You can rename element data from within the element or a dynamic configuration class. In the example you presented, you can rename the element data "NumberOfTheDay" to
"LetterOfTheDay".

Please note, that you cannot rename or delete element's data created by a pre-compiled, bult-in element. You can rename/delete element's data which is set only within Data tab or dynamic configuration.

Please also note, that there is no actual method in the Session API to â¿¿deleteâ¿¿ the element's data, you can either rename it or set its' value to â¿¿â¿¿ or null.

Hope this helps,
Michael
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links