Views
Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Stewart Ponsford on 28-10-2013 09:18:16 AM
I am having trouble finding a reliable way of detecting in an event whether an address is external/off switch.95% of the time it seems that if I look at the CiscoAddress.getType the return for an internal address is INTERNAL, every now and again it is EXTERNAL or EXTERNAL_UNKNOWN.Is there a consistant way of determining this?

Subject: RE: How to detect an external/off switch extension?
Replied by: David Staudt on 28-10-2013 02:56:18 PM
Can you confirm that your observation is that ~5% of the time, addresses which are known to be internal (e.g. line appearances on observed Cisco desk phones) return getType() = INTERNAL?
Not sure why this would be the case, but would be interested in looking at the JTAPI logs to see what's up...

Replied by: Stewart Ponsford on 29-10-2013 03:28:09 AM
Yes it's not all the time, so rough approximation of 5% but all I know is that on the CallCtlConnEstablished event my code looks at the called address, in my scenario it is a Cisco phone on the same system as my calling address but is not observed. Just ran 8 loops of my test and the first 7 passes getType consistantly returns INTERNAL but the 8th run it returns UNKNOWN.

Replied by: David Staudt on 29-10-2013 11:45:31 AM
Can't think of any immediate explanation...can you describe the call sequence, and JTAPI method/event sequence?  Is this a basic lab situation, or a more complex cluster?  You can attach the JTAPI logs here if you like.
As it may take some deeper digging (e.g. in to CTI Manager logs) to fully understand what's happening internally, would suggest opening a CDN Developer Support case: http://developer.cisco.com/web/join-the-network/support-only

Replied by: Stewart Ponsford on 30-10-2013 03:25:08 AM
David Staudt:
Can't think of any immediate explanation...can you describe the call sequence, and JTAPI method/event sequence?  Is this a basic lab situation, or a more complex cluster?  You can attach the JTAPI logs here if you like.
As it may take some deeper digging (e.g. in to CTI Manager logs) to fully understand what's happening internally, would suggest opening a CDN Developer Support case: http://developer.cisco.com/web/join-the-network/support-only

Replied by: Stewart Ponsford on 30-10-2013 03:28:07 AM
Attatched a log the callid is 45652/1, the extension of the phone is 330011.It is a lab system, I will also look at trying to raise a ticket but I have had problems in the past with the website and our account, Something I need to get sorted as we do pay for it!

Replied by: Stewart Ponsford on 18-11-2013 09:15:53 AM
Ok been doing some tests and if I look at the events thaht are received for a call to an external number or to an unobserved device, it seems that sometimes the early events in each call attempt may return the address type of the called address as unknown. Once it is known it is correctly classified.

The problem comes when my softwarehatomke a decision based on the called device type as to the internal/external nature of the call.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links