Views
Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Ron Nelson on 10-12-2012 12:37:29 PM
We're just beginning to use subdialogue elements and have run into an issue where a form element isn't recognizing input voice or dtmf.  The subdialogue in question has a copy of a current working element in the production code to help lookup customer information.  The customer enters an identifier and then we use that to do some lookup. 
In debugging this issue, it seems that with DTMF, there silent failure of the no-input / no-match condition and then looking at the fondation_fld in the vxml, I find the value entered. With voice entry the application does respond with the correct no-input audio even though I've said something.  Again after the 3 attempts I check the logs and the data is in the foundation_fld in the vxml. 
What's worse is that the following elements, after the form, using this data continue to work as long as I am not checking the slot element, but instead checking the value of the element. 
As I said this element is a copy of what's working in another application, and is not application specific. 
Has anyone else run into issues like this, how did you solve or would any other additional data be helpful?

Subject: Re: New Message from Ron Nelson in Customer Voice Portal (CVP) - General Di
Replied by: Janine Graves on 13-12-2012 02:29:18 PM
Hi Ron, I can't follow what the problem is. If you could explain it again with more detail, then I can try to help. One thing you should check first. In the subdialog application, you must set all the Project/Properties again - like the gateway, the session timeout, the root document settings, etc. ---1.When you say this, what do you mean?: 'with DTMF, there silent failure of the no-input / no-match condition and then looking at the fondation_fld in the vxml, I find the value entered' ----2.With voice, you claim that the system responds with noinput event event though you are speaking. For this, look under project/properties for the subdialog application - ensure that you are selecting the right gateway to allow speech reco. On 12/10/2012 10:37 AM, Cisco Developer Community Forums wrote: Ron Nelson has created a new message in the forum "General Discussion - All Versions": -------------------------------------------------------------- We're just beginning to use subdialogue elements and have run into an issue where a form element isn't recognizing input voice or dtmf.  The subdialogue in question has a copy of a current working element in the production code to help lookup customer information.  The customer enters an identifier and then we use that to do some lookup.  In debugging this issue, it seems that with DTMF, there silent failure of the no-input / no-match condition and then looking at the fondation_fld in the vxml, I find the value entered. With voice entry the application does respond with the correct no-input audio even though I've said something.  Again after the 3 attempts I check the logs and the data is in the foundation_fld in the vxml.  What's worse is that the following elements, after the form, using this data continue to work as long as I am not checking the slot element, but instead checking the value of the element.  As I said this element is a copy of what's working in another application, and is not application specific.  Has anyone else run into issues like this, how did you solve or would any other additional data be helpful? -- To respond to this post, please click the following link: http://developer.cisco.com/web/cvp/community/-/message_boards/view_message/9236810 or simply reply to this email. -- Janine Graves

Subject: RE: Issue with CVP Subdialogue accepting form input
Replied by: Ron Nelson on 13-12-2012 03:48:14 PM
I thought I had set all this up correctly already.  As it turns out changing the gateway setting fixed the recognition issue.  I do have another issue with an audio file play correctly directly after the subdialog.

Subject: Re: New Message from Ron Nelson in Customer Voice Portal (CVP) - General Di
Replied by: Janine Graves on 13-12-2012 04:43:57 PM
Ron, what was wrong in your gateway config, and what did you change it to? Just want to file this info away for other people who may have this issue. -- Janine Graves

Subject: RE: Issue with CVP Subdialogue accepting form input
Replied by: Ron Nelson on 14-12-2012 07:33:34 AM
In the properties for the project, I had the VoiceXml Gateway setup as Cisco Unified 4.1/7.0/8.0/8.5 VoiceXML 2.1 with OSR 3/Nuance 8.5 instead of Cisco Unified 4.1/7.0/8.0/8.5 VoiceXML 2.1 with OSR 3/Nuance 9.0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links