Views
Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Adam Farmer on 31-08-2011 04:33:54 AM
I don't have any experience with JTAPI. Does anyone know if JTAPI call event monitoring with the CUCM will still function correctly when UCCX is used with CUCM in a Call Centre environment?

Will incoming call events still have details about the incoming callers number?

I don't know much about UCCX and though it might be quicker that testing it myself. 

Thanks

Subject: RE: JTAPI with UCCX
Replied by: Adam Farmer on 07-09-2011 04:57:11 AM
Hi all, does anyone have any feedback? I have a more detailed description of the problem I am facing if that helps. 

What I am trying to achieve is as follows. I¿m using JTAPI to monitor devices by registering listeners with the CUCM (7) and I am monitoring for ¿CallCtlConnEstablishedEv¿, ¿TermConnPassiveEv¿ and ¿CallCtlTermConnDroppedEv¿ events. When I find these events I sometimes I push a Cisco XML request at the phone and get it to run an XML application. This works great in a simple environment where we have one CUCM 7.0 and some phones. 
What I would like to do though is scale this up unto a Call Centre environment. The call centre uses UCCX together with CUCM and I am wondering how this will affect my JTAPI monitoring. Do I need to use JTAPI against the UCCX to continue getting these events or can I continue use JTAPI against the CUCM? 
I don¿t know much about UCCX at the moment as I have not had any previous experience with it.

Thanks in advance for you help.

Replied by: Abhishek Malhotra on 07-09-2011 07:09:58 AM
Multiple applications can control and monitor the same end point simultaneously. In your case it would be UCCX and your own application. However, the two applications need to coordinate on what they do, if both try to send conflicting requets the behavior would be unpredictable. For example, if UCCX is trying to transfer a call while your application is trying to disconnect the call then UCCX application might get confused on why call got disconected while it was trying to transfer it.

Replied by: Adam Farmer on 07-09-2011 09:36:53 AM
Multiple applications can control and monitor the same end point simultaneously. In your case it would be UCCX and your own application. However, the two applications need to coordinate on what they do, if both try to send conflicting requets the behavior would be unpredictable. For example, if UCCX is trying to transfer a call while your application is trying to disconnect the call then UCCX application might get confused on why call got disconected while it was trying to transfer it.

Thanks for your reply Abhishek,

That sounds like my idea will be possible then. Do you know
any details on how the UCCX operates? When the UCCX transfers a call to an end point
I need to be able to get the caller¿s phone number. This works when the caller calls directly to a phone but I'm not sure if this will be the same case once the UCCX transfers the call. I know it¿s a long shot but
do you by chance know if the transferred call will still have this information available?

These may be questions I cannot get answers to without
testing myself.

Replied by: Abhishek Malhotra on 07-09-2011 09:56:05 AM
Please take a look at Java Docs for CiscoCall interface.
It has APIs like getCallingAddress() and getCurrentCallingAddress() to give caller's details.

Regarding How UCCX works and when it transfers the call is based on their internal logic which I believe is done via ICM. It has intelligent script based routing mechanism to do transfers. This is not the right forum to get details on UCCX call flows and you probably would have to check about it.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links