Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Ammar Ahmed on 01-09-2009 10:57:40 AM
Hi,
I am working with the byte level protocol over sockets for application gateway. I have a couple of confusions regarding extracting Expanded call variable and array related data from the tagged data fields.
For tagged fields
if 'TAG' is set to 'EXPANDED_CALL_VARIABLE_TAG' or 'EXPANDED_CALL_ARRAY_TAG'
what does 'FieldLength' mean for the 'Data' field. As in this case 'Data' contain multiple packed elements.
For example for VARIABLE ones (Not the array)
Name is of 1-31 bytes of length
and Value can be 1-220 bytes. Is this space reserved even if value or names are smaller? or if not how to distinguish where Name ends and Value starts....

Another query is related with 'EXPANDED_CALL_ARRAY_TAG'. In this scenario what exactly is meant by 'Index', should I use 'Value' as array and 'Index' the accesing point where to start reading the current value?... 

Subject: RE: Parsing Expanded Call Variable_TAG data
Replied by: Michael Giberson on 02-06-2010 02:45:51 PM
Tagged data field is a standard mechanism utilized in the AGI.

The space is not reserved if it is smaller than the maximum length -- as tagged data fields tag (prefix) the data with the length of the data.

The "value" would map to the data for that element in the array -- and "index" would map to the index into the array for that data element.

Cisco Advanced Services has a set of pre-built software integration packages which can be used to integrate external applications.

Standard interfaces include ODBC, Web/XML, WebSphere MQ, as well as a COM-based API/SDK.

These packages are a cost effective option in order to reduce development time and accelerate time to market.

It might be beneficial to review the Advanced Services offerings before building your own Application Gateway.

Details on these integration packages are available in the Application Gateway Protocol Technology Center.

What type of interface or protocol are you trying to hit?
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links