Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Mirko Puliafito on 23-08-2012 09:43:46 AM
Hi,

I'm developing a custom Reply template for UCCX chat. I saw that in the standard chat gadget provided by Cisco, to close the chat it's necessary to postMessage to container a "close::" message.

Which are the postMessages available on CCX and in general on Cisco Gadget? Is there any doc reporting them. I took a look at Social Miner doc without any luck.

Thanks and regards,

Mirko

Subject: RE: PostMessage API supported on Chat custom Reply template UCCX
Replied by: Ankit Nitin on 23-08-2012 08:43:36 PM
Hi,

I'm developing a custom Reply template for UCCX chat. I saw that in the standard chat gadget provided by Cisco, to close the chat it's necessary to postMessage to container a "close::" message.

Which are the postMessages available on CCX and in general on Cisco Gadget? Is there any doc reporting them. I took a look at Social Miner doc without any luck.

Thanks and regards,

Mirko

Hi Mirko, the **close** post message is a message sent by SocialMiner reply tempalate to the parent window/frame (if available). This may help the parent cleanup the reply template once chat is done.
CCX may /may not use this postmessage generated from SocialMiner chat reply template. CCX mostly relies on events generated by SocialMiner server for routing,queuing, reporting,etc.
Currently, CCX has not exposed any postmessage call for third party development.

Thanks
Ankit

Replied by: Praveen Sinha on 24-08-2012 02:05:18 AM

Hi,

Thanks and regards,

Mirko

Hi Mirko, the **close** post message is a message sent by SocialMiner reply tempalate to the parent window/frame (if available). This may help the parent cleanup the reply template once chat is done.
CCX may /may not use this postmessage generated from SocialMiner chat reply template. CCX mostly relies on events generated by SocialMiner server for routing,queuing, reporting,etc.
Currently, CCX has not exposed any postmessage call for third party development.

Thanks
Ankit

Hi,

Just to add and rectify on top of what Ankit has suggested, CCX at this point of time uses postMessage to close the reply template. But this is an internal hadnling at this point of time and we don't encourage users to extend/customize the reply template and its handling.

However, it would be interesting to listen to what is your use case for extending the reply template so that we can look into this as a future enhancement,

Thanks and Regards,
Praveen

Replied by: Ankit Nitin on 24-08-2012 09:34:49 AM

Hi,

Thanks and regards,

Mirko

Thanks
Ankit

Following the reply from CCX team

Hi,

Just to add and rectify on top of what Ankit has suggested, CCX at this point of time uses postMessage to close the reply template. But this is an internal handling and we don't encourage users to extend/customize the reply template and its handling.

However, it would be interesting to listen to what is your use case for extending the reply template so that we can look into this as a future enhancement,

Thanks and Regards,
Praveen

Replied by: Mirko Puliafito on 24-08-2012 12:07:35 PM
Hi Praveen,

we're integrating our product, Eudata WCS with CCX and as we have extended features on top of the one offered by CCX chat we would like to use our client on agent side instead of the standard Reply template chat gadget.

If you want we can schedule a call next week to go deeper on that. I can also show you some architectural slides and so on.

Let me know,

Mirko

Replied by: Shantanu Nandi on 27-08-2012 05:28:25 AM
HI Mirko,

We, from the Unified CCX team, would like to have a call to understand your needs.

Please provide your email address so that we can send a webex invite. Also your time zone and preferred hours.

Regards
Shantanu

Replied by: Mirko Puliafito on 27-08-2012 05:39:48 AM
Hi,

my email: mirko.puliafito@eudata.biz. My timezone is CEST and my preferred hour is 3.00 PM. Is it ok for you? I discussed about the integration with Micheal Lepore from CCBU. I think it would be a good idea to have him in call.

What do you think? Pls reply in mail.

Mirko

Replied by: Mirko Puliafito on 29-08-2012 03:20:52 AM
Hi,

are you available this week? I would like to close the integration ASAP.

Let me know,

Mirko
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links