Views
Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Ruzel Jamilon on 11-09-2013 11:57:11 AM
Hello, are all entries in configuration file included and being passed as a session data?

If I wanted to make a new connection timeout value, and I want to put it in config file instead of hardcoding it, do I just add entry in config file and get it in code?

config file; add:

paymentTimeout = 5

and in code:
String paymentTimeout= (String)actionData.getSessionData("paymentTimeout ");

Or do I have to set something more to have the IVR read my new config file entry.

Subject: RE: Session Data - from configuration file
Replied by: Hemal Mehta on 11-09-2013 12:05:06 PM
 You should create a application specific config file to handle anything related to your app. You would then write code to read that from the file and you could put in the session to use it anywhere in the app.  You should not use any system config file to handle this.
Hemal

Subject: Re: New Message from Ruzel Jamilon in Customer Voice Portal (CVP) - General
Replied by: Janine Graves on 11-09-2013 12:10:07 PM
Ruzel, Studio/VXML Server don't automatically read values from a file. You must  create your own Java code to read from a file into Call Studio/VXML Server. Alternatively, you could have ICM pass in the value by setting it in the FromExtVXML[0] to "application=appName;paymentTimeout = 5" or use a Database element and read it from a Database, or just hard code it in a Studio element's Data tab by selecting Session Data.

Subject: RE: New Message from Janine Graves in Customer Voice Portal (CVP) - General
Replied by: Hemal Mehta on 11-09-2013 12:16:25 PM
If you want to avoid touching any code, any updates to DB, code etc best way to do it is to read from a file. With simple update to the file you can change things on the fly.  No need to deploy, update etc from CVP, no need to change scripts in ICM. Of course you need to make sure, you do it carefully.

From: Cisco Developer Community Forums [mailto:cdicuser@developer.cisco.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 11, 2013 12:10 PM
To: cdicuser@developer.cisco.com
Subject: New Message from Janine Graves in Customer Voice Portal (CVP) - General Discussion - All Versions: Re: New Message from Ruzel Jamilon in Customer Voice Portal (CVP) - General

Janine Graves has created a new message in the forum "General Discussion - All Versions": -------------------------------------------------------------- Ruzel, Studio/VXML Server don't automatically read values from a file. You must create your own Java code to read from a file into Call Studio/VXML Server. Alternatively, you could have ICM pass in the value by setting it in the FromExtVXML[0] to "application=appName;paymentTimeout = 5" or use a Database element and read it from a Database, or just hard code it in a Studio element's Data tab by selecting Session Data.
--
To respond to this post, please click the following link: http://developer.cisco.com/web/cvp/forums/-/message_boards/view_message/19140910 or simply reply to this email.

Subject: RE: Session Data - from configuration file
Replied by: Ruzel Jamilon on 11-09-2013 02:20:13 PM
Thank you Hemal and Janine.

To deploy a quick fix on the issue, we will hardcode the timeout used in the custom element.

But to keep everything manageable and easy to maintain, I will be doing a custom element that accepts PropertyFilePath, Read_Option (ALL - to get every value in the file, INDIVIDUAL if they only need one value - with a dependency in INDIVIDUAL to specify what property value it specifically needs) and then set everything to session variable.

Thanks again!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links