Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: jonathan baldwin on 23-01-2012 08:45:50 AM
Hi,

Has anyone encountered these;

1.  I have setup the proxy information on Socialminer but there are no options for authentication and our proxy requires it. Is there a work arround?

2.  I have configured the mail notification server. The same settings used for UCCX (no auth required) and the console reports 'Bad Configuration' and an X next to Mail Notifications.

Best wishes

Jon

Subject: RE: 2 problems.....
Replied by: John Russell on 23-01-2012 09:26:25 AM
The first one is easy although the answer is unfortunate.  We do not support authenticated proxies at this time.  I will pass on that you were trying to do this to our product owner so he can prioritize it with out other work

The mail server is trickier.  Are you sure that SM can reach the same mail server over the network?  The serviceability of the red check mark is less than ideal.  We have plans to change that to work more like the feed statuses that actually tell you what the problem is but we haven't gotten to it yet. 

To find out what's wrong, disable the mail notification server, save the config, then enable it again.
Then go to http://hostname/ccp-webapp/logs/runtime/ and download the most recent file that starts with CCBU.  It should not be zipped as its the current log file.  Post that here and I'll take a look.

Replied by: John Russell on 23-01-2012 10:03:31 AM
The error when trying to connect to the mail server is

AuthenticationFailedException: failed to connect, no password specified?

Please check the credentials you are using to authenticate with the mail server.

Also, for future reference, please just attach the log file directly to the wiki.  there's not need to paste it into a word document.  Thanks a lot.

Replied by: John Russell on 23-01-2012 10:40:29 AM
Oh good. Who needed the reboot?

Replied by: John Russell on 23-01-2012 11:17:49 AM
Sorry, i meant was it socialminer or the mail server?

Replied by: John Russell on 23-01-2012 11:25:03 AM
Ah. I was hoping it was the mail server.  That isn't ideal.  We will certainly prioritize the serviceability around the connectivity to third party components. 

Sorry for the trouble.

Replied by: jonathan baldwin on 23-01-2012 09:54:27 AM
The first one is easy although the answer is unfortunate. We do not support authenticated proxies at this time. I will pass on that you were trying to do this to our product owner so he can prioritize it with out other work

The mail server is trickier. Are you sure that SM can reach the same mail server over the network? The serviceability of the red check mark is less than ideal. We have plans to change that to work more like the feed statuses that actually tell you what the problem is but we haven't gotten to it yet.

To find out what's wrong, disable the mail notification server, save the config, then enable it again.
Then go to http://hostname/ccp-webapp/logs/runtime/ and download the most recent file that starts with CCBU. It should not be zipped as its the current log file. Post that here and I'll take a look.

Hi John,

thanks for that, i will speak to the proxy guys to see if they can allow this host to pass thru.

Regarding the logs, thanks for taking a look. I have attached them but for info i have cleared out the email associated with the config if thats ok.

Cheers

Jon

Replied by: jonathan baldwin on 23-01-2012 10:06:05 AM
Thanks John,

Ive just seen that. The problem is that we do not need authentication to use it. Backupexec, UCCX etc use it by IP and reply address alone. should i bounce the server? as you can see i tried some different config.

I did try to attach the log file but it did not like the extension.

/Jon

Replied by: jonathan baldwin on 23-01-2012 10:38:47 AM
It now works after a reboot!

Replied by: jonathan baldwin on 23-01-2012 10:51:48 AM
Clearly me if i forgot the golden rule of IT!

Replied by: jonathan baldwin on 23-01-2012 11:22:13 AM
Sorry, i rebooted Socialminer. During the day i'd enabled authentication, disabled it, changed the address so i thought a reboot might sort it.

I havent actually recieved a notification yes as i cannot trap any content. A test button would be nice.

/Jon
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links