Views
Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Russell Haney on 01-03-2013 06:49:49 AM
I just upgraded a C40 codec to the TC6.0.0 software and now I can't get my self-view camera image on the right screen of a dual video setup. It was there before. I do see the PC image if I push Presentation. before a call and during a call I only get a black screen for the camera self-view. But I can get a PIP on the left screen of the camera image. I have reinstalled the upgrade software twice and still no image.

Subject: RE: C40 TC6 issue
Replied by: David Bruun-Lie on 04-03-2013 05:07:17 AM
Hi,
hm, we'll need to look at the upgrade path for the configurations. But give this a try:
Issue the following configuration commands on SSH if you have access to them:
xConfiguration Video SelfviewDefault OnMonitorRole: second
xConfiguration Video SelfviewDefault FullscreenMode:on

You can also set the configurations using the remote control under Advanced Configuration too.

Hope this helps!
Chees,
David

Replied by: Russell Haney on 04-03-2013 01:12:37 PM
thanks David. Tried that and several other configurations but still no luck. The system was only a month old when I did the upgrade and it worked fine before the upgrade. Since no one else has replied to this post I am guessing it may be a problem with just this codec. So will probably do an RMA on it.

Russ

Replied by: Russell Haney on 05-03-2013 06:49:14 AM
David,
I posted this same problem to the cisco forum site and several others have responded with the same problem. One person was also able to open a cisco case and was advised that it was indeed a bug in the software. So now I just have to wait and hope it is fixed quickly so I can return to Japan and fix the problem.

Replied by: David Bruun-Lie on 05-03-2013 06:21:30 AM
Russell Haney:
thanks David. Tried that and several other configurations but still no luck. The system was only a month old when I did the upgrade and it worked fine before the upgrade. Since no one else has replied to this post I am guessing it may be a problem with just this codec. So will probably do an RMA on it.

Russ

Russel,
if you can get selfview on the one screen there is no reason for RMA'ing the system. RMS should only be done if there is suspicions of hardware failure. This seems to be a software issue. Although this is a support issue case I would like to help you here as the reason behind why this has happened in your case concerns me.

Do you have access to SSH on the system?
If so can you try the following:
Issue on the command line the following
1xconfiguration Video Output

The result should show two outputs with "MonitorRole". Are these showing "First" + "Second" or "First" + "PresentationOnly" ? If not then this may be an issue.
Also can you try the following:
1xcommand Video Selfview Set Mode: On FullscreenMode: On OnMonitorRole: First

or
1xcommand Video Selfview Set Mode: On FullscreenMode: On OnMonitorRole: Second

Any luck?
Cheers,
David

Replied by: Jonas Tysso on 06-03-2013 07:59:36 AM
Hi Russel,
I have verified that 
xConfiguration Video SelfviewDefault OnMonitorRole: second
xConfiguration Video SelfviewDefault FullscreenMode:on
Works on TC6.0.0 to have selfview in fullscreen on the second monitor. The selfview xconfigurations are new as of TC6.0.0 and are needed to allow for more advanced selfview handling. The behavior has changed, as in TC5.x you could just select this from the layout tabs and did not require any configuration.
Can you attach your xconfig here so we can look at your configuration, to find out why you experience these issues?

Cheers,
Jonas

Replied by: jagatheesh kumar on 25-03-2013 03:07:07 AM
Jonas Tysso:
David , I have verified that  xConfiguration Video SelfviewDefault OnMonitorRole: second xConfiguration Video SelfviewDefault FullscreenMode:on Works on TC6.0.0 to have selfview in fullscreen on the second monitor. The selfview xconfigurations are new as of TC6.0.0 and are needed to allow for more advanced selfview handling. The behavior has changed, as in TC5.x you could just select this from the layout tabs and did not require any configuration. Can you attach your xconfig here so we can look at your configuration, to find out why you experience these issues? Cheers, Jonas  
  Hi, Am facing the same Problem.  I upgraded my C 40 and SX series codec to 6.0.1 . Second monitor has just went blank . Equal layout option is showing only PIP on first monitor and second monitor is always blank . How do i turn off PIP ? how do i change layout better without taking ssh of device ?       I have tried the below options , but when i share the presentation it is a distracting/blocking the presentation . Also stopping the presentation doesnt make selfview on maximized view . it was still in PIP.  xConfiguration Video SelfviewDefault OnMonitorRole: second xConfiguration Video SelfviewDefault FullscreenMode:on   if i set role to First -> P2P call without presentation will act like single screen with self view PIP  

Replied by: Muhamad Rois S on 28-04-2013 03:40:08 AM
jagatheesh kumar:

Jonas Tysso:

David , I have verified that  xConfiguration Video SelfviewDefault OnMonitorRole: second xConfiguration Video SelfviewDefault FullscreenMode:on Works on TC6.0.0 to have selfview in fullscreen on the second monitor. The selfview xconfigurations are new as of TC6.0.0 and are needed to allow for more advanced selfview handling. The behavior has changed, as in TC5.x you could just select this from the layout tabs and did not require any configuration. Can you attach your xconfig here so we can look at your configuration, to find out why you experience these issues? Cheers, Jonas  

Hi, Am facing the same Problem.  I upgraded my C 40 and SX series codec to 6.0.1 . Second monitor has just went blank . Equal layout option is showing only PIP on first monitor and second monitor is always blank . How do i turn off PIP ? how do i change layout better without taking ssh of device ?       I have tried the below options , but when i share the presentation it is a distracting/blocking the presentation . Also stopping the presentation doesnt make selfview on maximized view . it was still in PIP.  xConfiguration Video SelfviewDefault OnMonitorRole: second xConfiguration Video SelfviewDefault FullscreenMode:on   if i set role to First -> P2P call without presentation will act like single screen with self view PIP  

Hi All,

I'm facing the same problem with C40. I upgraded C40 to 6.0.1 version. The problem same with all of your problem, equal layout option is showing only PIP on first monitor, second monitor is always blank, and if i share the presentation it is not showing on first or second monitor. But i try to do this step:

1. Connect your PC to C40 for share presentation and keep it share to codec.

2. Change the resolution of second output to "Auto" and see different. I try this step (2) and it can showing the presentation on second monitor. Next, you have to change the resolution of second output to desired resolution (Don't forget to change your PC resolution to resolution that supported with your monitor). I try this step and it can showing presentation normally.

3. If step 2 successed, stop share presentation. And go to step 4.

4. Change the PIP selfview on first monitor to second monitor with this command "xCommand Video Selfview Set OnMonitorRole: Second" and make it full screen with this command "xCommand Video SelfviewDefault FullscreenMode: on". I try this step (4) and the selfview move to second monitor. The first monitor is not blank, but it's showing wallpaper if you are not dialing the other site.

5. I try to dial the other site and C40 work normally. First monitor showing the other site, second monitor showing selfview. And if i share the presentation, C40 can work normally too with first monitor showing the other site, second monitor showing the presentation with PIP selfview.

Let's try and wish you luck.

Rois

Replied by: Pooven Naidoo on 14-05-2013 07:18:41 AM
Any update on this. I have had several codecs with this same issue in the last month or so. Down grading the firmware, and everything works. If this is something new that needs to be done in code or telnet, what about all the systems that are already out there, with control systems. Once they get upgraded to this new firmware, they will start to have issues, surely adding a feature does not mean we should break what was working.

Also as a FYI, the new AMX module has removed the Channel feedabck  number 314. I am contacting AMX about this, but just incase you have a way to get this info to them. 

David Bruun-Lie:

Russell Haney:

Russ

Russel,
if you can get selfview on the one screen there is no reason for RMA'ing the system. RMS should only be done if there is suspicions of hardware failure. This seems to be a software issue. Although this is a support issue case I would like to help you here as the reason behind why this has happened in your case concerns me.

Do you have access to SSH on the system?
If so can you try the following:
Issue on the command line the following
1xconfiguration Video Output

The result should show two outputs with "MonitorRole". Are these showing "First" + "Second" or "First" + "PresentationOnly" ? If not then this may be an issue.
Also can you try the following:
1xcommand Video Selfview Set Mode: On FullscreenMode: On OnMonitorRole: First

or
1xcommand Video Selfview Set Mode: On FullscreenMode: On OnMonitorRole: Second

Any luck?
Cheers,
David

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links