Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Networks LSE on 15-06-2012 04:39:56 AM
Hi

I am new to the SDK and a network guy so limited scripting experience, recently setup an off box Core Directory using SDK for all our CUCM clusters to use. Ive have been asked, if ithere is any way to customise the query, so from AD will only return  active user with an extension defined.

Or can any one recommend any off the shelve products?

Thanks & Regards

Nic

Subject: RE: Custom LDAP Query
Replied by: NIGEL WARBURTON on 15-06-2012 04:50:55 AM
Hi,

LDAP searches in general can be customized, however it really depends on what your trying to customize it to of course.

I've used the DominoComms Directory application for this as it consolidates unlimited CUCM clusters and LDAP servers into a single "CallManager" feel directory structure on the phone. It provides the ability to modify the telephone numbers as well before displaying, so in the AD it has Belgium numbers like +321 XXXXXXX which then I run through the DominoComms filter and it then displays 732XXXX which is the internal short code to that office. Works in reverse as well for offsite locations and also allows different LDAP security zones (i.e. CXO's can have access to other CXO access home records etc). It's now deployed to 3 world regions and works well. The guys there seem quite helpful and have added a few specials for me without extra cost so could be a good and quick way to solve your problem. I believe the link is http://www.dominocomms.com/dcproducts.php?page=multidir
Hope this helps

Replied by: NIGEL WARBURTON on 19-06-2012 12:07:44 PM
Hi,

I'm pretty sure that it will run on most web servers. I've only used it on Apache but I suggest that you email them direct to ask (also ensure it meets your business needs etc). I've dealt with Jeff at DominoComms, his email is jeff@dominocomms.com (probably could have guessed that!)

Hope that helps.

Replied by: Networks LSE on 19-06-2012 05:42:33 AM
Hi Nigel

Thanks for the response, will take a look the DominoComms product, however are you aware of product the will run on IIS rather than apache, as this is our standard webserver.

Thanks & Regards

Nic
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links