Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Richard Poulin on 14-03-2012 04:56:49 PM
Hi,
what is the maximum number of lines i can monitor in a single tsp instance.  I have found in another forum message that it is 800 lines.  Is it still true?  What could happen if i monitor more than 800 lines?

Thanks

Subject: RE: Maximum number of controlled lines per instance of tsp
Replied by: Praveen Thilakendranath on 16-03-2012 08:08:35 AM
Hi Richard,

I believe these numbers certainly have been bumped up with the CUCM 8.6 release( CTI scalabilty changes), although I
do not have the exact numbers with me. Kindly refer to the TSP developer guide for 8.6 if you can get hold off one.

Thanks,
Praveen

Replied by: Praveen Thilakendranath on 16-03-2012 08:23:04 AM
Correcting CUCM release 8.6 to 8.6.2

Thanks,
Praveen

Replied by: David Staudt on 16-03-2012 04:42:32 PM
See the 'CTI Scalability Improvements' docs per release for more info here: http://developer.cisco.com/web/tapi/docs

Replied by: Sebastien Michelet on 18-04-2012 08:25:03 PM
David,
these docs help a lot for sizing the CUCM side of the equation, what about the Windows side where the TSP is installed? Do you have any guidelines on how many lines a single instance of the TSP driver can monitor? I would think this is the kind of question the Unified Attendant Console developers would have had to answer? but i can't find any definitive answer in this regard.

thanks,
Sebastien

Replied by: Abdul Rasheed on 22-01-2014 11:54:38 AM
Sebastien Michelet:
David,
these docs help a lot for sizing the CUCM side of the equation, what about the Windows side where the TSP is installed? Do you have any guidelines on how many lines a single instance of the TSP driver can monitor? I would think this is the kind of question the Unified Attendant Console developers would have had to answer? but i can't find any definitive answer in this regard.

thanks,
Sebastien

Hello,
             I would like to know how many lines  can be supported for an application in a windows 2008 server .  

Regards
Abdul

Replied by: David Staudt on 22-01-2014 12:32:58 PM
Please note that the CDN forums will be migrating shortly to communities.cisco.com
The new forum for TAPI discussions is located here: https://communities.cisco.com/community/developer/collaboration/call-control/tapi/content

For recent TSPs (since 8.6), the maximum number of devices supported is 10K per TSP - note up to 10 TSPs can be installed per server.  The concept 'CTI Provider' in the referenced scalability docs corresponds to 'single TSP'.
As far as performance on particular Windows OS versions or hardware, Cisco does not publish any performance data or recommendations - there are just too many variables to consider.  The developer should of course test comprehensively at different scale levels to ensure performance is nominal.  I can venture to say that the TSP is highly efficient, and CPU/memory usage is modest even at high scales...modern hardware should have little difficulty.

Replied by: Abdul Rasheed on 23-01-2014 08:22:40 AM
Thanks David,   we are planning load balancing for our Recorders.  If we route the recording requests based on load to different recorders,  It is required that we will need to monitor around 1200 Devices in 4  Recording servers.  this  , we will have to monitor the same devices  4 times from different servers.  Will that cause an issue.   From the CTI scalability document , i found that 3 applications are allowed to monitor one device in CUCM 7.1(3)  .   So if i monitor same 1200 phones from 4 systems,  will that be a problem?

Best Regards
Abdul Rasheed
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links