Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Daniele Salladini on 18-04-2012 03:45:20 AM
Hi all!

premising that i'm newbie about this topic, i would to know more about portlet development. 
where can I see for documentation and how can i start? in particular way, WHAT i must to search?

thank you very much,

Daniele

Subject: RE: Portlet Development
Replied by: Ben Sunderland on 19-04-2012 09:02:00 PM
Hi Daniele,

Not when the SDK is coming and am hoping JSR portlet development will be covered (with examples).
In the absence of this, I found this info on the Liferay site very helpful (you'll need to install liferay + SDK + IDE to build a portlet). There is a book call "Liferay in Action" as well that is very thorough (but wont help with the WebEx Social aspects of portlet deployment of course).

http://www.liferay.com/documentation/liferay-portal/6.1/development

The above should help you build a simple JSR 168 portlet WAR file which is a good starting point.

I did another post on issues I am having with getting the LR portlet to work in WebEx Social - but thats another matter.

Ben

Replied by: Daniele Salladini on 20-04-2012 03:09:43 AM
Great!
thank you very much Ben!

Daniele

Replied by: Ben Sunderland on 01-05-2012 09:44:29 PM
Great!
thank you very much Ben!

Daniele

Note, you should probably look into Liferay 5.2.x instead as this relates more closely to WebEx Social.
The core Portlet concepts are still valid but when buildign sample portlets , best to use the 5.2.x SDK.

Ben
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links