cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments

This is one of the common requirements to failover SIP trunk or H323 trunk if ISDN status is down. The following configuration will shutdown SIP/H323 service on voice gateway once ISDN status changes to down. Also, it will start SIP/H323 services once the ISDN status changes to UP

Note that you need to change the interface (marked in red) based on your controller type (E1/T1) and controller number (0/0/0 or 0/0/01 etc). Also, this configuration is for SIP trunk but can be applied to H323 by changing the protocol marked in red.

event manager applet SHUTDOWN_SIP
 event syslog pattern "Line protocol on Interface Serial0/0/0:15, changed state to down" period 1
 action 1.0 cli command "enable"
 action 1.1 cli command "config t"
 action 1.2 cli command "voice service voip"
 action 1.3 cli command "sip"
 action 1.4 cli command "call service stop forced"
 action 1.5 syslog msg "SIP Services Brought Down by EEM"

event manager applet BRING_UP_SIP
 event syslog pattern "Line protocol on Interface Serial0/0/0:15, changed state to up" period 1
 action 1.0 cli command "enable"
 action 1.1 cli command "config t"
 action 1.2 cli command "voice service voip"
 action 1.3 cli command "sip"
 action 1.4 cli command "no call service stop"
 action 1.5 syslog msg "SIP Services Brought Up by EEM"

10 Comments
Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Mohammed,

Good document. We could easily just use cucm service parameter (stop routing on un allocated number) to do this. But its a good way to demonstrate the power of using EEM.

Ayodeji,

Thx for your comment. The problem with this service parameter that it will failover if a user dials wrong number. PRI gateway will send 'Unallocated number' message to cucm on wrongly dialed numbers. 

I feel it is excessive to failover on wrongly dialed numbers

Using EEM is more accurate to track isdn status.

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

That is a fair point but is it not too excessive to shut down sip service or h323 service globally because an ISDN interface goes down? What if I have other services using the gateway?

That is the point of failover.  The second gateway should be capable of serving all services. 

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Ok so this is assuming I have two gateways. What if I have a single gateway with multiple ISDN connectivity...I guess this will be more effective in the event that we have more than one gateway.

In this case it will make more sense to dialpeer hunting instead of relying on cucm. This will avoid duplicate configs when using srst with cucm.

I am not trying to debate. I am trying to share my thoughts and experience. 

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Mohammed, 

I am not trying to debate either. Sorry if you got that impression. I am just weighing the pros and cons. 

Thanks for sharing your ideas 

Thx Sir. On the other hand I have to say that u r doing great in the forum. Keep it up mate :)

Steven Luton
Level 1
Level 1

I can't get this to work.  I have a 4321 device running Version 03.16.00c.S.  I've tried the exact wording and changed only the interface number and it isn't working.  I've also tried changing the syslog pattern to match what actually shows up in the log when I shut down the controller.

no dial-peer outbound status-check pots

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: