cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Allow community search for posts with Zero responses

ccieexpert
Spotlight
Spotlight

Community is great. but I feel that there are some much needed enhancements.

First that whenever I go to the community page, i see the most recent hits where someone has responded to a community post. Technically that is not the one that real needs attention

The one that needs attention is the posts that have zero response.

the enhancement i would ask is for a search option where you can either sort based on response count or just search on "zero response" .

The current behavior of many members is to respond to a post that has already been replied to , and just provide a similar comment, and not really adding much value.. and this is happening more as you are putting those recently updated posts on the top (:

Hope you implement this feature soon..

8 Replies 8

what is that ? atleast type something besides the link to set the context

The link is what I use as a "landing page" and lists all new threads.

it doesnt help .. still saw answered thread and threads that had a solution..

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

I agree with @ccieexpert .

And I have no idea how the link provided in the first reply helps.

Many other forums have the ability to at least filter unanswered questions (which I'd suggest would be another great option to have) or at least sort by "Least responses" or "Unanswered"

However, I'm sad to say that making suggestions to this forum is pretty useless - judging by the responses I got to my suggestion to Lock posts for comments after they have been answered

I think your best bet at the moment is to visit a topic page, such as Application Centric Infrastructure, then sort by Most Commented

RedNectar_0-1719178869887.png

then scroll to the end of the list and click on the largest page number shown

RedNectar_1-1719178937141.png

Bit of a pain, and the sorting may take a little time, but its the best advice I can offer until your suggestion is implemented 

RedNectar_2-1719179067930.png

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

Thanks for that... but the last one shows the oldest one with zero response that is like 2015, so not useful.. so  you have to then navigate to a few pages before and find the most recent one... not ideal at all..

the last one shows the oldest one with zero response that is like 2015, so not useful.. so  you have to then navigate to a few pages before and find the most recent one... not ideal at all..

Yeah. One more argument for having a filter available to see unanswered posts and posts with no responses.

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

Gabriela Godoi do Prado
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ccieexpert ! We're considering an enhancement that improves sort capabilities, sorting on discussions with no replies. We will keep you posted! Thanks for bringing this up! 

Quick Links