Views
Helpful
Replies

Account > Discussions behavior changed

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi everyone,

I had to take a break from posting on CSC in the last couple of months (and trust me, I was missing it sorely). Now when I got - hopefully - back to CSC, I have noticed a couple of subtle changes.

An unpleasant change is the behavior of the "Discussions" link that is present in my Account menu. Originally, after following that link, a page was displayed with the list of all threads I have either opened myself or responded to, including the original poster, number of views, last poster, solution status and the date of the last post. This helped me tremendously to keep track of all threads I have replied to - sometimes people follow up on their thread days after they get a response, and it may easily get lost. The original page shown after following the Discussions link was absolutely crucial for me to keep track of all threads I have been involved with.

Currently, the Discussions page (pointing to the "Your stuff" tab in my profile - I do not remember if it was the same page before - for some reason I believe it was a different page but I may be wrong here) shows only the threads I have started myself. It does not list the threads I have responded to. There is no way I can track several discussions I have replied to this way

Also the popup box that shows every time you hover your cursor over a poster's name has changed. This box, too, originally showed a set of links of threads the poster has been active in, regardless of whether he/she opened them or responded to them. Currently, this popup is either empty or, again, contains only posts the poster has started him/herself.

Did anyone other notice this change? Dan, is it possible to revert to the old style of things here? At least the original Discussion page should be brought back.

Thank you!

Best regards,

Peter

34 Replies 34

Hi Dan,

The hover-over problem appears to be resolved to me as well. Just the list of created/joined threads does not seem to be corrected yet.

Thank you!

Best regards,

Peter

Hi Peter,

The screen shot you sent shows that you are on "discussions" in your stuff.  We checked with the vendor and this is the way it has always worked with the version software we are using.  The only place you will see all discussions you participated in is the "overview" page which is what was fixed along with the hover-over.  Looking at the "overview" in your profile it seems to be working as expected.  Can you please confirm?

Cheers,

Dan

Cheers, Dan

Hi Dan,

Yes, exactly, the screenshot I've posted is the "Discussions" page.

I do not want to impose myself, as I can easily be mistaken myself, but I could have sworn that I have been using exactly the "Discussions" page to keep track of various threads I have joined. I distinctly remember keeping an eye on how many views the thread already had, the average rating, the original poster and the last updater of the thread - all those data directly correspond to the information displayed in the "Discussions" page. This information is missing in the "Overview", and in addition, the "Overview" displays only the most recent threads I've been in touch with (a limited number of entries).

I still believe that it was the "DIscussions" page that did display both created and joined threads. After all, the heading on the "Discussions" page says it itself:

Below is a list of discussions you have started or have participated in.

I am definitely confused

Best regards,

Peter

Yes the old form was much better. The new form makes it much harder to keep on track with the threads that need a follow-up. Now there comes an e-mail when someone responded, but very often I can't respond directly. The old discussion-page gave the opportunity to have a good overview of threads were new comments are availabe and to jump in again. Would be great if the old way of showing the own discussions could be restored.

-- 
Don't stop after you've improved your network! Improve the world by lending money to the working poor:
http://www.kiva.org/invitedby/karsteni

Hi Karsten,

So you do rermember that the Discussions page did display also the threads joined by you and not just created by you, right? Man, thanks a lot I was getting nervous I'm getting senile or something

Best regards,

Peter

I was getting nervous I'm getting senile or something

Well, I can't judge on this but many months ago the joined discussions were there!

-- 
Don't stop after you've improved your network! Improve the world by lending money to the working poor:

Karsten,

I was getting nervous I'm getting senile or something

Well, I can't judge on this

LOL, so much for the expected encouragement

Best regards,

Peter

Hi Peter and Karsten,

We will reach back out to Jive for more answers.  It's clear there is a gap here.

Cheers,

Dan

Cheers, Dan

Hi Dan,

Thank you very much for all the effort!

Best regards,

Peter

Hi Dan,

Has there perhaps been any communication from Jive regarding this issue?

Best regards,

Peter

Hi Peter,

Yes, we have a fix that is scheduled for release on Oct 31st.  Appologize it has taken so long to get this issue nailed down.

Cheers,

Dan

Cheers, Dan

Hi Peter,

I just wanted to update you on this fix.  The planned  release last night night didn't occur due to an issue with the code.  The problematic piece is unrelated to the fix for the issue we are discussing here.  Our plan is to attempt another release next Thurs Nov 7th.  I apologize for the length of time this has taken to be addressed.

Cheers,

Dan

Cheers, Dan

Hi Dan,

Thank you very much for keeping me (and all of us) updated. No need to apologize - we're all working in IT and we know things like these happen. Hopefully, on the next Thursday, it'll work smoothly.

Thank you!

Best regards,

Peter

and we are definitely not like some company-owners who think that work is done faster if they stay behind you and repeatedly ask when the problem will be fixed ...

-- 

Karsten,

+5 Couldn't say it better

Best regards,

Peter

Quick Links