Views
Helpful
Replies

Account > Discussions behavior changed

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi everyone,

I had to take a break from posting on CSC in the last couple of months (and trust me, I was missing it sorely). Now when I got - hopefully - back to CSC, I have noticed a couple of subtle changes.

An unpleasant change is the behavior of the "Discussions" link that is present in my Account menu. Originally, after following that link, a page was displayed with the list of all threads I have either opened myself or responded to, including the original poster, number of views, last poster, solution status and the date of the last post. This helped me tremendously to keep track of all threads I have replied to - sometimes people follow up on their thread days after they get a response, and it may easily get lost. The original page shown after following the Discussions link was absolutely crucial for me to keep track of all threads I have been involved with.

Currently, the Discussions page (pointing to the "Your stuff" tab in my profile - I do not remember if it was the same page before - for some reason I believe it was a different page but I may be wrong here) shows only the threads I have started myself. It does not list the threads I have responded to. There is no way I can track several discussions I have replied to this way

Also the popup box that shows every time you hover your cursor over a poster's name has changed. This box, too, originally showed a set of links of threads the poster has been active in, regardless of whether he/she opened them or responded to them. Currently, this popup is either empty or, again, contains only posts the poster has started him/herself.

Did anyone other notice this change? Dan, is it possible to revert to the old style of things here? At least the original Discussion page should be brought back.

Thank you!

Best regards,

Peter

34 Replies 34

Third time is a charm!  The discussion page should now be working again.

Cheers,

Dan

Cheers, Dan

great! That's how it was some time ago and how it's much easier to follow the discussions.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Dan,

Thank you so much! The Discussions page is almost correct

I am still getting a couple of issues with the corrected behavior:

1. The number of displayed discussions is oddly off. When I select 15 Items per page, only 9 items are displayed. When I select 30 Items per page, only 17 items are displayed. When I select 50 Items per page, only 25 items are displayed.
  2. In addition, the list is missing the Previous and Next buttons so the only listed discussions you can browse are those on the first page. You can not go forward and backward between the pages, going through your older discussions.
  3. The items are strangely ordered - in fact, I do not know what key is used to order them. I personally believe that they should be ordered by the time of last update (most recently changed at the top).

In any case, the correction done so far is very, very, very welcome and I am immensely thankful for that!

Best regards,

Peter

Hi Peter,

I hate to say this but we had to roll back last weeks release which includes the changes to "my discussions".  We will continue working with the developers to get this fixed.  When I know more I'll update this post.  Again, my apologies.

Regards,

Dan

Cheers, Dan

Hi Dan,

No worries - actually, I had a good laugh (absolutely non-malicious) upon reading your comment Just please let the developers know that their fix of the "My Discussions" also had issues as stated above. I do not know if those issues were related to the other problems that forced you to rollback the changes, or if they were standalone and require specific attention.

Thank you for your continuing support. Your willingness and focus on getting this issue sorted out is admirable.

Best regards,

Peter

Quick Links