cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Designated VIP Endorsed Program - Enable Endorsing of Discussion Starting Post

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Would it be possible to add the ability for us Cisco Designated VIP and also Cisco employees to Endorse the actual discussion starters original post?

I know this might be a rare occasion but every now and then a poster might simply start a discussion and inform others of a possible problem with certain software version with a device and how to go about avoiding or working around that problem.

Here is for example one post from Firewall section of CSC

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3945006

- Jouni     

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Jouni,

No worries my friend

I'll try and fill in for Dan here for a moment (I know he's busy).

You are not given the "Endorsement" option if the original poster

does not mark the post as a "question". This query came up when

the feature was first added to CSC.

Cheers!

Rob

"go easy...step lightly...stay free " 

- The Clash

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Daniel Bruhn
Level 8
Level 8

Hi Jouni,

Thanks for the feedback.  Enabling ratings/endorsements on the discussion has been discussed in the past.  Just as you suggested every so often a user will post a tip or software fix on CSC that would be nice to rate.  It's something we haven't acted on because it would fundamentally change the way workings work.  I fear some may misuse it and rate how good they think the question is.  Today many users are fearful of posting on the community, because they think their post will make them look unknowledgeable.  Adding ratings/endorsements to the discussion would only exacerbate this.

As an alternative what do you think about "Tips and Tricks" Community that we enabled ratings on the discussions?   

Cheers,

Dan

Cheers, Dan

So if I understood correctly you mean that if you were to enable us to Endorse original post/discussion starting posts you would also have to allow ANYONE to also rate those posts?

In other words its not possible at the moment to ONLY enable Cisco employees and Cisco Designated VIPs to use the Endorse button and still keep all normal ratings disabled for all the other users?

- Jouni

No, we could just enable endorsements on discussions however it would require a customization.  When a reply is endorsed it also rates it 5 points.  I'm going to assume this means we'd technically have to enable ratings as well but it would be hidden.  The work effort for this would be high.  What level of value do you see in this? Anyone else have thoughts on this? 

Cheers,

Dan

Cheers, Dan

Hi,

Only posted this because I would have liked to acknowledge a users helpfull post about a issue that might help others in the long run.

Usually when you want to rate something the information is most commonly located in a reply so there is no problem. I would imagine that this is not a really big problem as people tend to post more about their problems than solutions to problems

I just though I would ask about it. Its not a big problem for me and probably not something that would be worth the problem of making huge changes but might be something to keep in mind in any bigger future changes to the CSC.

- Jouni

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Jouni & Dan,

Just a thought here ...whenever I come across this type of excellent

content that is in the original post of the thread I usually ask the

OP to give a brief reply so that he/she can be rewarded with the rating

they so kindly deserve This method has been successful about 90% of the time.

+5 to Jouni for thinking of how to best reward these valuable CSC members!

Cheers!

Rob

- The Clash

Thank you Rob

By the way Dan, now that some people have answered the thread also , I cant see any button on their replys that would enable endorsing even their posts. Any idea why I cant see the button on those replys? Talking about the discussion I linked originally.

There seem to be an option in other threads

- Jouni

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Jouni,

No worries my friend

I'll try and fill in for Dan here for a moment (I know he's busy).

You are not given the "Endorsement" option if the original poster

does not mark the post as a "question". This query came up when

the feature was first added to CSC.

Cheers!

Rob

- The Clash

Quick Links