Views
Helpful
Replies

Subscribing to posts / discussions

raga.fusionet
Level 4
Level 4

Hi All!

Is there a way to "subscribe" to a post without responding to it? A lot of times I see posts for which I dont have an anwer but I'm definetely interested on seeing what the other people responds. However I havent found a way to "watch" a discussion (get emails notifications and things like that when others respond) . Is there a way to do this?

If not could I submit this as an enhancemente request   hehe.

Thanks a bunch!!!!

Raga

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Daniel Bruhn
Level 8
Level 8

Hi Raga,

Yes, you can subscribe to posts without responding to it.  Start off by going to the discussion you want to watch.  Be sure you are logged in and look in the "actions" widget in the right navigation.  You should see an option for "receive email notifications".  Just click on that and you're set.

Cheers,

Dan

Cheers, Dan

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Daniel Bruhn
Level 8
Level 8

Hi Raga,

Yes, you can subscribe to posts without responding to it.  Start off by going to the discussion you want to watch.  Be sure you are logged in and look in the "actions" widget in the right navigation.  You should see an option for "receive email notifications".  Just click on that and you're set.

Cheers,

Dan

Cheers, Dan

Got it Thanks!!!

scratchsurface
Level 1
Level 1

Apparently the page has been redesigned since this answer three years ago. Now when I look at "Actions" I see only the options

• Create Blog

• Create Discussion

• Create Document

• Create Video

but nothing about receiving email notifications; however, there is now a "Follow" button and another "Follow" link on the page, both of which seem to do the same thing.

I have a slightly different question: I would like to be notified when the router I use is mentioned in posts. Is there a way to arrange for that?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you are looking for email notifications based on keywords?  You could simply choose a product and any mention of that product would send you a notification.  If that is the case, it is something we have investigated in the past and do have on our road-map. 

Cheers,

Dan

Cheers, Dan
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links