cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CRSAdministrator - need credentials in order build new stored procedure

kbyrd
Level 2
Level 2

We just upgraded from 3.5(4) to 4.0(4)Build 140 on a single CRS server (not co-resident). We now want to upgrade a custom report (stored procedure) from 3.5(4) to 4.0(4). We used to connect to the database using the SA user with a password we spec'd. It appears now that CRSAdministrator is the user defined with access rights to this database. What is the password?

2 Replies 2

wenqianyu
Level 3
Level 3

You can still use SA as a user to setup the link to your SQL database on the CRS server. I do not know the password for this user on the SQL database. But you can reset the password. The important thing is to change authentication method from Windows NT only to mixed mode (Windows NT and SQL). This could be set in SQL database.

To make this work, you need to change SQL authentication method as following:

? Open The SQL Server Enterprise Manager

Start menu > Programs > Microsoft SQL Server > Enterprise Manager)

? Expand the tree-control until you can your server

? Right click on the server name and "SQL Server Properties (Configure)" window will open

? Select the Security tab

? For "Authentication", select "SQL Server and Windows"

Hope this help.

Thanks for your reply. I should have mentioned one other thing: my production IPCC is a standalone single server (separate from the Call Manager) and therefore it is running MSDE. Enterprise Manager is not installed by default. Without making the IPCC unsupportable by TAC, should I install Enteprise Manager on the IPCC running MSDE?