Views
Helpful
Replies

Simulating call flow

abhishek2525
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have Cisco softphone software ver 1.3.4.0 with me. Can someone tell me if there is a free open source call processing software that i can download and simulate call flow for study pusrpose? If so where can i download the same?

6 Replies 6

abhishek2525
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone help?

Ok. May be the softphone i have is useless with open source proxies. But can someone tell me if there is a open source contact center software or call processing software which has its own softphones. I basically need to learn about the call flow and the messages exchanged with some kinda hands on.

Your question is too general. What call flow are you talking about? Call setup? Call control? Bearer protocols? There is no "standard" for call flows to study and every manufacturer implements using different technolgoies and methodologies. The only commonalities are protocols like SIP, H232, G.711, IP etc. It's like asking if there is open source code to learn how the entire Internet works. You have to be more specific.

Well, probably i did not frame the question properly cause i am a novice in the field. Hope you can help me.

If i had the money i would wanna buy a CCM and 3 phones and first learn how to configure them to setup a call between them.Then proceed to looking at integrating components like ICM, CVP, IPCC Express etc., Want to learn the dependencies.

So was just thinking. Just like you have things like open IMS is there some kinda open source call processing software that i can begin with.

Hope am clear.

Asterisk www.asterisk.org

open source and work with H323, SIP, SCCP..etc. You can bind a Callmanager to it too.

HTH

Zin Elabidine Karzazi

Will try it and let you know.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: