Views
Helpful
Replies

DNAC is in maintenance mode

zaidalameen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I was trying to upgrade our DNAC and it stuck on 1% so I have left it over the weekend and it's still on 1%. I have rebooted it but now I can't log in via GUI cause I think it's still under maintenance mode. I tried to exit maintenance mode from maglev but this error is showing up 

$ maglev maintenance disable
ERROR: Context 'maglev-1' has incomplete details. Rerun 'maglev context add' to update the command line context

any idea how to exit from maintenance mode or how to solve the issue?

Thank you!

7 Replies 7

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what version of DNAC and what version you try to upgrade ?

Raise an TAC case to investigate for you.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

zaidalameen
Level 1
Level 1

@balaji.bandi, it is on 1.5.23 and was trying to upgrade it to the newest version.

I'm trying to open a TAC case right now, but I have to solve some issues for the differences in email domains before that.

ZA

if this new setup, i would rather re-image with new version, make sure what hardware version you have check the matrix.

BB

@balaji.bandi  It's not a new setup, but I have a backup. I just want to go all the way to exit maintenance mode before I try to re-image it.

I can understand, you mentioned version 1.5 (never heard)  i only see 1.3 then 2.X

by the way what generation DNAC appliance is this ? what version you trying to upgrade ?

BB

@balaji.bandi 

Per Cisco they said this version is out of support and they can't help with it. The best and may be the only way is to do a fresh installation.

sure that is the best way to move forward.

BB