Helpful
Replies

Removing and adding a location

Nathan Sowatskey
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

I have experienced the following issue:

1. I had added a location to a device, using the web UI as illustrated in the attached image.
  2. I had then removed the location, see second attached image.
  3. I am unable, now to add the location again. When I put the cursor over the location in the list on the left, I see a closed fist/no entry symbol for the cursor.
  4. If I close the location dialog, and reopen it, I am able to add the location.

Regards

Nathan

add_location.png

Screen Shot 2016-11-01 at 07.34.30.png

2 Replies 2

Geevarghese Cheria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Nathan

Iam not sure this is because of user permission or not came across the configuration guide - Managing users section it is mentioned that -

The RBAC scope can be all of the resources (RBAC scope set to ALL) or it can be a limited set of resources (RBAC scope set to Custom). When you define a custom RBAC scope, you then need to assign resource groups to it.

Can you please ensure that Admin role has been assigned a custom RBAC scope as All and not Custom...

Please let me know if my thinking is wrong.. But when you close and open since you are able to add... That is something similar which i came across when trying the dcloud lab for iwan app in the Site Mapping Page. Here

Thanks and Regards,

Geevarghese

Geevarghese

Thank you for following up.

The admin user I am logged in as is does have the appropriate permissions.

I suspect a simple UI mode bug here. It is possible that the UI mode is set, when first displayed, such that the location cannot be added as it is already added.

When the location is removed, it is possible that the UI mode is not reset such that the location can be added again.

Regards

Nathan