With Cisco Live! happening soon, the developers at Cisco have been working hard to showcase a few of the possibilities in automating with Cisco Intersight. The Cisco Intersight platform provides cloud-based infrastructure management, and Intersight Essentials helps extend the model-based management of the Cisco UCS platform to all Cisco UCS servers, Cisco HyperFlex, and Cisco HyperFlex Edge systems.
A developer's best resource for programming and automating with Intersight is DevNet. The Intersight landing page at https://developer.cisco.com/site/intersight/ has links to the comprehensive Intersight API Docs, the Python SDK, Ansible Modules for Intersight, and the newly posted Intersight PowerShell modules. DevNet also provides an Intersight Sandbox that allows users to create an Intersight account and claim emulated UCS Hardware. The Sandbox is a great place to try out the Intersight API and programming tools without using your own physical Hardware.
Intersight's OpenAPI and set of programming tools give developers endless possibilities in automation. One example of what can be done is shown in this video demo of HyperFlex Edge cluster deployment. With Intersight and Ansible, deploying HyperFlex clusters in parallel (4 clusters at once in this example) is as easy as 1-2-3:
1. Provide settings for each of your clusters:
2. Run the playbooks to configure policies, profiles, assign servers, and deploy:
3. Use the configured and claimed clusters in Intersight:
Cisco Live Orlando will feature several opportunities to learn more on Intersight and programmability. Here are a few of the sessions and labs to check out:
- Deploying Cisco Intersight [LABDCT-1205]
- Cisco Intersight Architecture and Operation [BRKINI-2534]
- Getting started with Cisco Intersight for UCS [LTRDCN-2380]
- Infrastructure Automation for Multicloud with UCS and HyperFlex [PSODCN-1180]
- Managing Cisco UCS with the Python SDK [DEVNET-2060]
- Cisco UCS Agentless Configuration Management - Ansible or Microsoft Desired State Configuration [DEVNET-2916]
- Cisco UCS PowerTool - Deploy at Scale [DEVNET-2562]
- UCS Director Automation - Creating and Utilizing Custom Tasks and Script Modules [DEVNET-2564]
- UCS Director REST API - Connect, Query, Configure, Create and Execute [DEVNET-2566]
- UCS PowerTool Suite - Secrets, Tips and Tricks [DEVNET-2061]
We look forward to seeing you on Cisco Intersight and hopefully at Cisco Live Orlando!