cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACI PTP Unicast Mode not working

waschminator
Level 1
Level 1

hello, i have a special topic: we want to use PTP for some servers and the servers need it in unicast mode. 

PTP is already available in the fabric and when using mutlicast mode we see PTP packets on the interface (as multicast). as mentioned above the server is not supporting multicast PTP so we must use unicast. we did the ptp config in the way:

Unicast Master

any PTP source address: 192.168.200.1 that is reachable from the server

a PTP destinaton address ; 192.168.200.11

but it does not work. we do not see a PTP packet on the interface

one weird thing: when looking for the endpoint it says: unspecified...but i am not sure if i shall see it here differently

show endpoint ip 192.168.200.11
Legend:
S - static s - arp L - local O - peer-attached
V - vpc-attached a - local-aged p - peer-aged M - span
B - bounce H - vtep R - peer-attached-rl D - bounce-to-proxy
E - shared-service m - svc-mgr
+-----------------------------------+---------------+-----------------+--------------+-------------+
VLAN/ Encap MAC Address MAC Info/ Interface
Domain VLAN IP Address IP Info
+-----------------------------------+---------------+-----------------+--------------+-------------+
ebat_csrv:VRF-ebat_csrv 192.168.200.11 unspecified

additionally: it is a oure L2 Brdige domain...no Ip configured. but even when w cnfigaur any it does not work

1 Reply 1

BANERJEE SHIBASISH
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @waschminator 

Since you haven't mentioned the APIC software version and Hardware (Leaf & Spine) you are using in your Fabric, PTP has certain limitations in terms of Software and Hardware. So, I would highly recommend you to kindly refer to the documents below along with configuration guideline.

Regards,

Shibasish

-----------------------------------------
If you find my reply solved your question or issue, kindly click the 'Accept as Solution' button and vote it as helpful.

You can also learn more about Cisco ACI through our live Ask the Experts (ATXs) session. Check out the ATXs Resources [https://community.cisco.com/t5/data-center-and-cloud-knowledge/cisco-aci-ask-the-experts-resources/ta-p/4394491] to view the latest schedule for upcoming sessions, as well as the useful references, e.g. online guides, FAQs.
-----------------------------------------

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card