Cisco Nexus 5672UP

Behnam Akbari
Level 1
Level 1

Hello
I have a Nexus 5672UP switch
When I turn it on
And I connect the console cable to it
It does not show me anything and gives an MRC error and does not show anything else in the console
And I can not get any connection to the switch

And the status light stays orange and also the device fans work at high speed

I want to know how can I reset the device without a console connection?

I want to reset the device hardware

Can you help me?

2 Replies 2

ss1
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Behnam,

Are you absolutely sure that your console cable and terminal program are working? Have you tried them with some other devices?
Make sure they are all working and the terminal settings are also okay: perhaps 9600 8 N 1 is the default, 115 8 N 1 is what some are setting past the switch boot in order to get faster output. Flow control must be disabled both hardware and software, else you won't observe any output at all. If you are observing garbage symbols rather than readable output then you may check the terminal speed, if you see nothing then it could be due to flow control or bad console cable. 

I'm saddened to tell you, if you are absolutely sure that your cable, your terminal program and settings are correct, then you are most probably having a switch with a hardware issue without any chance to restore at all. 

Those switches that can't load any OS due to wrong firmware file or any other configuration error are always fixable through the loader> prompt or switch(boot) menu, however if you can't reach any output at all, your bios is most probably corrupted and the switch is not repairable. 

Behnam Akbari
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Dear

Yes I am Sure

Everything is OK

but i can not connect with Console Cable

When I connect it to the console cable
Just give me an blow Message in Console 

Error : MRC Faild

I want to know if I can reset the device from the motherboard ??

BIOS reset