Views
Helpful
Replies

Mac-address not learning on vpc peer-link N9K

williammanurung
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have topology like this, if i show mac address-table address ac1f.6bab.74c3 on RMP-SF-ACSBLD12, the mac address direct to interface eth1/1 (correct), but if i show mac address-table address ac1f.6bab.74c3 on RMP-SF-ACSBLD11 its not shown to vpc peer-link.

this problem occurs after i configure port-channel on interface eth1/1 and remove the port-channel.

Anybody get same problem?

how to resolve it?

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

Andrea Testino
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

William,

Going to need a bit more details here in order to help...Few follow up questions:

1. The 9Ks in the bottom of your topology are the ones in vPC you are referring to as 12 and 11, correct? (Asking because I don't see the link in between in the diagram)

2. Do you have a non-vPC L2 Trunk between 9K-11 and 9K-12 as well?

3. Do you have peer-gateway configured in 9K-11 and 9K-12?

4. When you do your port-channel test (add/remove), I imagine Eth1/1 flaps on 9K-12?

5. What's Eth1/1 configured as? Do you have STP portfast on that host facing interface?

6. Do the 9Ks have an SVI in the VLAN where your host 10.254.94.60 resides?

7. What type of 9Ks are these and what SW version are they running?

- Andrea, CCIE #56739 R&S

Hi Andrea,

I will answer your question:

1. I'm sorry to not drawn full topology, yes there is vpc peer-link between 11 and 12 (ones vpc)

2. I dont have non-vpc L2 between them.

3. I'm not configure peer gateway.

4.Yes correct, int eth1/1 flap if we tested.

5.I test to many times, with stp portfast configure or not.

6.The Svi on switch RMP-SF-AGG01 and 02.

7. Nexus type 93180YC-EX, and version 7.0(3)I7(3)

MartinKiska4134
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @williammanurung @Andrea Testino,

today we faced the same behavior. Firstly port were incorrectly created with port-channel configuration. Later on member of our team removed it. Servers were correctly communicating. After some time infra team was doing patching of the servers and their mac was switched to peer nexus-B. At that time there was an impact.

It is happening on C93180YC-FX with nxos.9.3.4. After reboot it started to work normally.

My observation -> When MAC was moved to nexus-B (via shutting nexus-A iface) it was still working. but after reenabling nexus-A iface communication was blocked, because MAC address was still learned on nexus-b (even it was not there already). After clearing the MAC address on Nexus-B it started working, but only as unknown broadcast as mac-address table for emtpy for such Mac ADDRESS . After reboot of both nexuses iT showed correct output - learned via vPC peer-link.