Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 9516 Features missing need clarification. Vlan Mapping required

Vlan mapping Nexus 9516 - features not available?

We are running into a very odd issue thats throwing us off a bit. Below is our hardware configuration

Nexus 9516 Chassis

N9K-X9564PX

N9K-C9516-FM

N9K-SC-A

N9K-SUP-B

The solution will be used for an active PON solution.  Vlan mapping and underlay needed.  

Ive read through this information about a 1000 times and still can't figure out why we cant run the feature commands to turn on vlan mapping or interface vlan for our solution. If anyone can help me out I'd appreciate it. I cant even run feature interface-vlan ????

we do have the 'LAN_ENTERPRISE_SERVICES_PKG' installed

I see there are feature-set options but none of them are available to install.

switch# show feature-set

Feature Set Name ID State

-------------------- -------- --------

fcoe 1 uninstalled

fex 3 uninstalled

mpls 4 uninstalled

fabric 7 uninstalled

fcoe-npv 8 uninstalled

switch# confi t

switch(config)# feature?

feature Command to enable/disable features

feature-set Enable feature-set

switch(config)# feature-set ?

^

% Invalid command at '^' marker.

These are the features Im trying to enable but none of them appear with I run command switch(config)# feature ?

feature interface-vlan

feature vn-segment-vlan-based

feature dhcp

feature nv overlay

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus9000/sw/93x/vxlan/configuration/guide/b-cisco-nexus-9000-series-nx-os-vxlan-configuration-guide-93x/b-cisco-nexus-9000-series-nx-os-vxlan-configuration-guide-93x_chapter_0100010.html#Cisc...

switch(config)# feature v?

vpc Enable/Disable VPC (Virtual Port Channel)

vrrp Enable/Disable Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP)

vrrpv3 Enable/Disable Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP) version 3

vtp Enable/Disable VTP

Feature Interface vlan missing too??

switch(config)# feature i?

isis Enable/Disable IS-IS Unicast Routing Protocol (IS-IS)

itd Enable/Disable ITD

This is out of the box factory default and I can't for the life of me figure our why none of these work.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Christopher Hart
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Glenn,

It may be worth comparing the MD5/SHA512 checksum of the NX-OS binary image you're currently booted from with the corresponding checksum published on Cisco's Software Download website. A corrupted NX-OS image can sometimes cause arbitrary features to be missing from the CLI.

First, identify the NX-OS binary image file the switch is currently booted from with the show boot and dir bootflash: commands. Next, compute the MD5/SHA512 checksum of this file with the show file bootflash:filename_here.bin md5sum or show file

bootflash:filename_here.bin sha512sum commands.

I hope this helps - thank you!

-Christopher

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Christopher Hart
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Glenn,

It may be worth comparing the MD5/SHA512 checksum of the NX-OS binary image you're currently booted from with the corresponding checksum published on Cisco's Software Download website. A corrupted NX-OS image can sometimes cause arbitrary features to be missing from the CLI.

First, identify the NX-OS binary image file the switch is currently booted from with the show boot and dir bootflash: commands. Next, compute the MD5/SHA512 checksum of this file with the show file bootflash:filename_here.bin md5sum or show file

bootflash:filename_here.bin sha512sum commands.

I hope this helps - thank you!

-Christopher

Ill have a look when I get access to the device to see if thats whats going on here.  Good idea.