Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with configure replace on N7706 in Admin VDC

Hello everyone, 

We have a problem with restoring the previous configuration using the "configure replace" command on N7706. Even with simple configuration changes like setting the motd banner and calling config restore after that, restore fails with the error message:

Version match between user file and running configuration.

User config file does not contain mandatory [vlan 1] command.
Pre-check for User config FAILED

The "show config-replace log exec" command output displays the message "ERROR: Log Not Available". The commands are issued in Admin-VDC by the admin user with the network-admin role. The NX-OS version is 8.2(6).

Does anyone have an idea why config restore fails? 

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- It seems like any vlan1 related settings must be present in the config that you are trying to restore ; you may try to add those (too) , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hi @marce1000 ,

The problem is that there are no VLANs or related settings configured in Admin VDC, and the backup file made from running or startup configuration couldn't contain those either. I have already tried to set available VLAN settings such as "vlan dot1Q tag native" and others just to test, but the same error pops up every time.

If I create a backup file from the running configuration, that backup file should be identical to the running config. There is not much sense in that error regarding vlan1-related settings which don't exist in the original configuration. That's why I'm puzzled about it.

- Could be a bug  ; you could for instance try with : https://software.cisco.com/download/home/284809080/type/282088129/release/8.4(8)

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card