Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade failure due to OBFL missing

Surgeon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Please help me to understand what is going on. I am trying upgrade N3k 3064 from 6.0.2.U2.Z9 to 6.0.2.U6.9 to go further with 7.x --> 9.3.8

However upgrade fails without even starting checks etc with error "OBFL not found". I've tried lower versions with the same result.

I've found that OBFL has limited number of writes. If it is so, how can I check? Is there any way to avoid checking OBFL stuff?

Thanks

1 Reply 1

Christopher Hart
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

This particular error message can appear for a variety of different issues. A few questions:

1. Do you see this issue on a single switch, or multiple switches? Do you have other switches that do not have this issue?
  2. Does this issue persist after a reload of the switch? In other words, if you reload the switch, then attempt to upgrade the switch to 6.0(2)U6(9) using the install all command, does the same "OBFL device not found" error appear?
  3. Is a CoPP policy successfully applied to this switch? The output of show copp status would be useful to see here.

Thank you!

-Christopher

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: