cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I parse firewall configuration

xinhuan_zheng
Level 1
Level 1

I have Cisco ASA Firewall configuration. We typically save the configuration in text format. Is there an easy way to parse the configuration to extract all Object Network information & output in CSV format? The CSV format I'd like is:

NAME, DESCRIPTION, TYPE, IP, NETMASK

TEST, TEST HOST, HOST, 1.2.3.4, 255.255.255.255

Do I need to write my own parsing program to do that? We also have Cisco Firewall Management Center. Can I accomplish it using FMC?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Asmat Sulaiman
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Xinhuan,

You can simply use a command "show running-config object in-line" this will provide the output you need. Hope this help

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

KyoCode
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

If you're currently using ASDM, you can download all of them with a right click to CSV, if you need an automation, you might want to download the API bundle and install it. Please, keep me posted which one do you need.

Also, I've created this code a long time ago that will connect to the FMC RestAPI and download the ACP to a csv file: https://github.com/AngelIV23/cisco-fmc-excel-from-json

try it out and let me know

KyoCode
Level 1
Level 1

I just saw my code and I think is a little frustrating to see so many errors, let me update it 

Asmat Sulaiman
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Xinhuan,

You can simply use a command "show running-config object in-line" this will provide the output you need. Hope this help

That's what I need. Thank you!

I'm glad that helped. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: