cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

This week in tech: What are your bold predictions ?

yawming
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The future of Cloud-Native Security – what are your bold predictions?

Not too long ago, our main priority was to protect our computers from malicious attacks. However, our security strategies have evolved considerably. Today, not only are we persistently securing our computer systems, but we're also expanding our security measures to the cloud. This expansion is in response to the growing integration of cloud-native applications and services into our everyday lives.

Cisco Panoptica team has made 5 Cloud-Native Security predictions for 2023 and beyond, one of these predictions highlights the issue of unmanaged API sprawl becoming the prime target for bad actors, with financial services industry being most vulnerable to API attacks. Not only Cisco, but various articles on internet also show the  growing concern of cloud-native security.

This article from Gartner caught my attention, I believe it will capture yours as well. It says:

"Through 2025, 90% of the organizations that fail to control public cloud use will inappropriately share sensitive data."

“Through 2025, 99% of cloud security failures will be the customer’s fault.”

So, what is your bold or mission Impossible predictions for cloud-native security? Or do you have any funny predictions? Unlike the predictions from big players in the industry that provide directions and guidelines, our predictions aims to enhance understanding of cloud-native technology and raise awareness of cloud-native security risks. After all, to make a prediction, we need to know the ongoing trends, technological developments, and emerging needs within the field. In other words, we need to understand all the background stories.

My serious prediction is that AI will play a significant role in cloud-native security, particularly in detecting patterns of anomalous behavior and identifying malicious activity.

My silly prediction is that, in the near future, security-sensitive components of cloud-native applications will be moved to the Low Earth Orbit(LEO) satellite. Why?To keep them out of reach for the bad guys!

Note:

Cisco Panoptica provides enterprise-grade security for cloud native architectures. The learning labs on the Cisco Developer site offer learning tracks for Cisco Panoptica if you would like to learn more about it.

0 Replies 0