cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Software Engineer internship @ Cisco

hackedbyme410
Level 1
Level 1
I’m highly interested getting internship as software engineer at Cisco but I have a couple of questions. 

1. The requirements mention to have a will to develop test automation skills and analyzing all the requirements, is this internship intended only to develop test automation skills? 
2. From the requirements: Programming background in object-oriented development and Design Patterns. 
By the background, can you consider university project? 
3. Which Java version will be used in the internship? 
2 Replies 2

I am not a Cisco employee, but worked with a few interns when i was there.

From what I can gather, the software engineering internship experience at Cisco is very positive. Interns are given real-world projects to work on, which allows them to gain valuable experience and apply what they've learned in School/University. They are also mentored by experienced engineers and have the opportunity to network with other interns and employees.

As for the types of projects that interns work on, it varies depending on the specific team and division. Some interns may work on developing new software or features for Cisco's products, while others may work on improving existing systems or troubleshooting issues. Additionally, interns may be involved in testing and quality assurance, or in working on projects related to machine learning, artificial intelligence or other cutting-edge technologies.As for the percentage of interns that go on to receive full-time offers, it's difficult to say without specific information.

However, I can tell you that many interns at Cisco are offered full-time positions after completing their internships, as the company values the contributions and skills that interns bring to the team. Additionally, Cisco has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion and interviews and hires interns from a variety of backgrounds and fields.

Good luck.

Please mark this as helpful or solution accepted to help others
Connect with me https://bigevilbeard.github.io

The key point of my question is to make sure I am eligible candidate, I am really happy for other interns but education level in different countries is diverse.