cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Trivia Thursday: Application Performance Monitoring

npetrele
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Okay, I know it's supposed to be Trivia Tuesday, but both end in "day". Oh, and they both start with "T". So good enough.

Here are a couple irrelevant trivia questions for you:

1. In what "superhero" comedy does someone say, "We are on a blind date with destiny. And it looks like she just ordered the lobster."

2. Have you seen the director's cut of the movie Aliens? "Ripley" (played by Sigourney Weaver) has a first name. What is it?

Now on to the big question: At least one company claims to provide Application Performance Monitoring (APM) that can tell you the exact line of code that is misbehaving when there is a problem. I can't speak to whether it can actually do that without using their software, but the question for you is, how would YOU write APM software such that it could direct you to a specific line of code that misbehaves?  Assume you have the source code, but the application is a compiled binary. 

1 Reply 1

Ruben Cocheno
Spotlight
Spotlight

.That is a good question, are most APM solutions targeting Web Applications? I dont see COBOL having a fair threatment (e.g)

Tag me to follow up.
Please mark it as Helpful and/or Solution Accepted if that is the case. Thanks for making Engineering easy again.
Connect with me for more on Linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/in/rubencocheno/