cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Which Concentration Exams for a Video Game Programmer DevNet Professional?

Selzier
Level 1
Level 1

I'm a video game developer with only basic knowledge of how to program multiplayer games; I have recently passed the ICND1 test and am CCENT certified.

I would like to learn the best way to program MMORPG games which are heavily reliant on thousands (or millions) of users accessing multiple databases (SQL, Oracle, etc) on the servers. I want to learn how to program an MMO's client/server communication, right down all 7 layers of the OSI model- from the Application Layer through optimizing the TCP or UDP packets (or maybe some other protocol?).

I also want to design the data center, decide which type of Cisco equipment to use, consider what type of Cisco operating systems should be used, how we can program Cisco devices to deliver a faster and more stable MMO experience.

After the ICND2 exam, I will start working toward the Cisco Certified DevNet Professional certification, but this requires a Concentration Exam from one of the following:

300-435 ENAUTOAutomating and Programming Cisco Enterprise Solutions (ENAUTO)
300-835 CLAUTOAutomating and Programming Cisco Collaboration Solutions (CLAUTO)
300-635 DCAUTOAutomating and Programming Cisco Data Center Solutions (DCAUTO)
300-535 SPAUTOAutomating and Programming Cisco Service Provider Solutions (SPAUTO)
300-735 SAUTOAutomating and Programming Cisco Security Solutions (SAUTO)
300-910 DEVOPSImplementing DevOps Solutions and Practices using Cisco Platforms (DEVOPS)
300-915 DEVIOTDeveloping Solutions using Cisco IoT and Edge Platforms (DEVIOT)
300-920 DEVWBXDeveloping Applications for Cisco Webex and Webex Devices (DEVWBX)

Given the end goal to design an MMO data center and also program the client/server network traffic, what Concentration Exam would be best for me?

0 Replies 0