cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Alert: Upcoming Maintenance Window for DevNet Sandbox (April 12th – 15th)

smupadhy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Sandbox Users,

DevNet Sandbox will be undergoing planned maintenance work, starting on Friday, April 12th at 01:00 PDT (UTC–7), and will be back online Monday, April 15th at 23:59 PDT (UTC–7). Access to the Sandbox will be unavailable during this window.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. Please reach out to us on this thread for support.

Thanks!

Smita Upadhya

DevNet Sandbox Team

3 Replies 3

Rich_M
Level 1
Level 1
This isn't particularly clear - does "Access to the Sandbox will be unavailable" mean that
a) No new can be created, no existing will be accessible, but if you have a reservation that crosses the maintenance window boundaries, it will remain running just inaccessible and you can pick up where you left off Tuesday morning.
b) No new can be created, existing will be terminated at the beginning of the maintenance window - save your work! :)

I'm presuming #b, but I'm not sure.

Hello!

Thanks for reaching out for clarification. 

We are doing platform level work in the Data Centers and will have to terminate some existing reservations that span across this maintenance window. So would recommend - please prepare for option #b.

Regards,

Smita

Interesting - I hadn't checked any labs until this morning (several days after everything was back up).  When I did, I found that 

a) I still had an active reservation!

b) For a reservation that the page said expired on the 14th (this is the 18th!)

c) So I had an expired, active running reservation.  This was super-weird.

I stopped it, it's fine now, but I was wondering if there was a reason this happened - did all (or some) reservations that were happening during the outage just get "restarted" at some point?