cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

APIC Sandboxes and API

adam.burns1
Level 1
Level 1

I'm getting started with both the Python SDK and acitoolkit for the ACIP. Using the Sandboxes I get an "Action not found" HTML response instead of JSON when trying to login. I've combed through both codebases and they're submitting credentials to /api/aaaLogin.json like the API docs say they should. I get the same behavior using curl instead of the Python libs. Ultimately getting that HTML response breaks the SDK and toolkit because they're trying to parse the response with a JSON library.

This happens with the always-on sandbox and with a reserved one. In both cases I can log in to the APIC via the web console, it's only API logins that fail.

I've turned off SSL cert verification (since the certs are self-signed) and confirmed that my Python install isn't using the deprecated SSL and TLS versions (3.0 and 1.0 I think). This happens even if you run the toolkit inside the docker image supplied with the project.

Any ideas what's wrong here? I read on one of the Sandbox pages that the unit was running a beta release of the software, but I don't see a way to select a Sandbox with a stable release nor do I see a compatibility guide for the libraries.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

For now, you can play with APIC-DC (a.k.a. ACI) on dCloud.cisco.com.  Create an account and then schedule a session with one of the demos under Application Centric Infrastructure.

Dave

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

dgeistke@cisco.com
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Curious... Are you trying to access the APIC-EM or the APIC for ACI?

Thanks!

Good question - I'm using the APIC-EM, which are the only sandboxes I see if I search for "APIC". When I was first looking through the Sandboxes I wondered if the EM meant a different product, but I did some reading and I thought it was just an enhancement to the base APIC. Did I get the product lines mixed up?

Maybe you are looking for this?

https://developer.cisco.com/site/apic-dc/

That's the page I've been working from. Specifically what in there do you think answers the question?

APIC-EM (Application Policy Infrastructure Controller Enterprise Module).

Looks like you are working on Data Center. APIC-DC lab is not on Sandbox yet.

For now, you can play with APIC-DC (a.k.a. ACI) on dCloud.cisco.com.  Create an account and then schedule a session with one of the demos under Application Centric Infrastructure.

Dave