cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CML Lab saving configs on nodes ?

kstatinet
Level 1
Level 1

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but it seems like Download Lab option in Lab Manager only allows saving node's connections but node's config to external drives (e.g. my local hd drive)

Saving configuration on nodes is something that DevNet teams is planning to implement in the future or it's already enabled for the paid subscriptions (i.e CML Personal 2.0) ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Martin, thank you! Sorry, it took me too long to respond. I logout to check this and CML was busy to log me back in :-)

Anyways..  I actually found a faster way to save configs when saving a lab.

click on any place outside the nodes->select Nodes menu item on the bottom->checkbox each node for configs to be saved ->Extract Configs for Selected->Download Lab

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Martin L
VIP
VIP

are you asking if you can save your lab using CML via DevNet Sandbox?  I have not tried download lab while using CML over at DevNet. It is probably not possible or not easy to do.

if you have Regular CM:L at home, of course, you can save configs and download (export) lab to external drives/

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

"are you asking if you can save your lab using CML via DevNet Sandbox?"

Yes

" I have not tried to download lab while using CML over at DevNet. It is probably not possible or not easy to do."

You click 'Download Lab' in the menu option & you can easily save the lab's yaml file on your computer. 

The problem is configs on the nodes are not saved. Though maybe I'm wrong and someone who successfully saved the lab and uploaded it later can chime in on this.

it is the same issue we had over at CLN while using our own personal CML at home.  You have to go to workbench, from there click on a device, click the edit tab, and click to "update config from device". 

Use write if you want to save config for next day labbing; while "Update configuration from device" if you want to export the lab. Write does not changes configs under tab "Update configuration from device"

see explanation and try upload my file. it is test to see of "a fix" for dot1q is working for CSRv (switch on right side is not configured at all)

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

Martin, thank you! Sorry, it took me too long to respond. I logout to check this and CML was busy to log me back in :-)

Anyways..  I actually found a faster way to save configs when saving a lab.

click on any place outside the nodes->select Nodes menu item on the bottom->checkbox each node for configs to be saved ->Extract Configs for Selected->Download Lab

that's good; can u still upload lab into CML via Sandbox? it is not your personal CML at home; if you can download and upload lab; try let us know if that works.

thanks

download & upload labs with configs via Sandbox works great

i don't have a personal CML account

Thank you, this works for me too.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: