cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CML Topology not starting

srmiller
Level 1
Level 1

I have a topology I've created in CML devnet sandbox, which includes 5 ios-xe routers and 7 iox-xr9k routers.  I can get all ios-xe routers to start, and start the 9k's one at a time, waiting unit the first is fully started and I can log in before starting the next.  I get to where 3 are running and start the 4th.  The 4th never finishes booting, does not show up in console, and i get an error that pops up now and again that says:  Warning: High System Load: launch sequencing will be paused until system load stabilizes."  I've waited nearly 45 min and still the same thing over and over.  Is there a resource limit on the free online version?  Screenshot of my lab is attached.  Thanks for any help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Martin L
VIP
VIP

You reach resource limits would be my intelligent guess.  those 64-bit XR9k routers use a lot of RAM, I mean a lot, like at least 10 Gigs per one and 4 cores of CPU.  Reduce number of 64-bit XR9k; Use regular XR -which only needs 3 Gigs of RAM - whenever possible.

you can watch your CML resources utilization via resource tab.

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Martin L
VIP
VIP

You reach resource limits would be my intelligent guess.  those 64-bit XR9k routers use a lot of RAM, I mean a lot, like at least 10 Gigs per one and 4 cores of CPU.  Reduce number of 64-bit XR9k; Use regular XR -which only needs 3 Gigs of RAM - whenever possible.

you can watch your CML resources utilization via resource tab.

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

Thank you for that.  I knew 9k's used 16G of ram each, but wasn't sure of the lab limitations.  I'll convert them al to regular XR's and give it another go.