Views
Helpful
Replies

Collaboration LAB with CUBE Server

sharpgate
Level 5
Level 5

Hello,

I am looking for a lab that includes CUCM and CUBE. Our application under requires that the CUCM in the collaboration lab registers an authenticated SIP trunk with an ISP. Knowing that CUCM does not support SIP trunk authentication, there is a need to have a CUBE in this LAB. However, collaboration labs do not have CUBE servers. Any ideas?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jacoadam
Level 5
Level 5

Hello Sharpgate!

At this point in time (as you've discovered) all of the basic collaboration labs don't have a CUBE at this time. However, our PCCE lab does have a virtual CUBE include with some dial peers and a SIP truck in the CUCM. You can check that lab out here: https://devnetsandbox.cisco.com/RM/Diagram/Index/17b1ea84-2841-4c80-bc19-927395f903bd?diagramType=Topology

You may not need any of the PCCE components, but it still has the basic CUCM setup with a Pub/Sub, IMnP, Unity and more. Reconfigure and use how you see fit.

If this will work out for you and you're doing some long term development we can chat about getting you a reservation for 2-4 weeks so you don't need to reconfigure the vCUBE every week.

Please let me know if this works out for you.

Thanks!
Jacob

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

jacoadam
Level 5
Level 5

Hello Sharpgate!

At this point in time (as you've discovered) all of the basic collaboration labs don't have a CUBE at this time. However, our PCCE lab does have a virtual CUBE include with some dial peers and a SIP truck in the CUCM. You can check that lab out here: https://devnetsandbox.cisco.com/RM/Diagram/Index/17b1ea84-2841-4c80-bc19-927395f903bd?diagramType=Topology

You may not need any of the PCCE components, but it still has the basic CUCM setup with a Pub/Sub, IMnP, Unity and more. Reconfigure and use how you see fit.

If this will work out for you and you're doing some long term development we can chat about getting you a reservation for 2-4 weeks so you don't need to reconfigure the vCUBE every week.

Please let me know if this works out for you.

Thanks!
Jacob

Hi Jacob,

Perfect, thanks a lot.

The lab was just reserved and will experiment with it. However, it does not appear to have IM&P services. We need to experiment with mobility calls so this server is important for us.

Also as you mentioned, we are indeed doing some long term development. Therefore I really appreciate it if you the reservation can be extended past the 1 week limit preferably for a 4-week period. Currently the reconfiguration of the lab is a tedious task to be done on weekly basis.

Thank you

Hmmm,

It looks like we don't have a lab that perfectly meets your needs at this time

This is something we can work on soon, but it likely won't make into the next few sprints. Do you have IM&P configuration expertise? I could set you up with a longer reservation (perhaps 4 weeks) and I could drop an IM&P server into your reservation. You would be responsible for updating the configuration to integrate with the CUCM server. The IMnP server will be borrowed from another lab, so it will be pre-installed.

Do you have any thoughts on this?

Thanks!
Jacob

Hello Jacob,

Well, unfortunately not. I do not have much experience with IM&P configuration. What do you think about doing what you suggested above the other way around? That is borrowing a vCUBE server from another lab and drop it into a Collaboration 11.5 sandbox. Then bI will take care of configuring the CUBE server. What do think?

Thanks

Hey Sharpgate,

Let me investigate how the vCUBE is setup to see if it could be easily dropped into a collab reservation.

Thanks!
Jacob

any update on if a vcube would be added to the Collaboration sandboxes?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: