cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DevNet Environment not accessible

djfrazier
Level 1
Level 1

Recently tried several times to use the IOS XR Programmability Modules or the IOS XE on Cat8kv modules. Sometimes the modules would start, but each time the modules were inaccessible. Quick Access credentials were not sufficient for accessing the environments or practicing.

Hopeful for the opportunity to practice because...I am slightly in the stone age still working solely on the CLI.

IOS XR_XE attempts.png

5 Replies 5

@djfrazier i dont think there is a need to reserver the always-on, i think this feature is build into the new platform. I am not sure i was following when you said 'Quick Access credentials were not sufficient for accessing the environments or practicing' - what is missing here for you?

Please mark this as helpful or solution accepted to help others
Connect with me https://bigevilbeard.github.io

I was unable to perform any of the procedures and interact with the development environment per the instructions. The screen capture is my attempt to show the number of instances that I started to try and resolve this. Some times the "always on" sandbox would indicate the resources could not be provisioned.

If no credentials are provided, how do I interact with the sandbox? My VPN is not setup and the URI provided is not accessible for any of the curl attempts I tried? Usernames of "Admin" & C1sco12345 were provided, along with three ports that did not respond to any Curl attempts.

Overall the sandbox instructions and Hank's Preston's instructions were not clear enough for accessing these resources.

I welcome your redirection.

@djfrazier there is no VPN required for always on sandbox, are you referring to a certain sandbox? For each sandbox, you need to check the notes to see what ports are open in the instructions/quick start for the sandbox. Also the usernames/passwords and even URL might have changed since earlier content was made.

If you can share links to resources you mention and sandbox this will helps.

Hope this helps.

The best I can do is show you an example. I just tried again and ran into this problem...

djfrazier_0-1705950496634.png

Granted, the status indicates that there was an error, however, there have been a "few" that showed success. I use the "host" information, with username and password to attempt to interact with the resources.

Even attempting to use these was not helpful when the resource was active.

• Cat8000v Host
    • Address: sandbox-iosxe-latest-1.cisco.com
    • Username: admin
    • Password: C1sco12345
    • NETCONF port: 830
    • gRPC telemetry port: 57500
    • ssh port: 22
    • Example Connection: ssh sandbox-iosxe-latest-1.cisco.com

So if I understand you are attempting to ssh to the device with the above screen shot details. A few things to remember about the always on sandboxes is that from time to time another user will change the connection information such as an interface, username or passwords thus locking other users out and the Cisco team having to manually fix this to return this to its correct state.

If you ssh to the device what is the error you receive?