cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help needed to add in others to "permitted users" for a lab

Rich_M
Level 1
Level 1

Since there is no way currently for me to add in other permitted users for a lab, can I please get someone to add a few folks into a lab? 

Lab:

https://devnetsandbox.cisco.com/RM/Diagram/Index/cb83cff4-fa20-4679-85d9-16532f1d0bab

(Pretty sure links like that are not particularly sensitive!)

And users:

Add all the rest that match the domain name of the user that "owns" the above lab?  (It's not many - there should just be a couple of us).  Also how do I get the VPN login information for them when this happens?

I can provide more information in DM if needed, but I hope my nonspecific ways above were enough. 

6 Replies 6

Rich_M
Level 1
Level 1

Maybe I should have been more clear:

There is no current way for a user of a lab to add "permitted users" apart from themselves, even if all else is set up correctly.  I would be *perfectly happy* to do this for myself, but I cannot as of last scheduled maintenance when this feature was disabled.

Only *admins* of the Cisco labs can do this, *admins* being the Cisco employees that run this.

So, I'm actually asking for someone from Cisco to please do this for me.  It's the only way to make our current testing useful.

zowu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We've added other guys in your company into the reservation. And they can view the reservation under "My Reservations"  https://devnetsandbox.cisco.com/RM/Reservation/List/?f=Relevance:My%20Reservations|Type:Regular|Reservations:Current.

To grab VPN information, you can get them in the "Output window" in the reservation detail page.

Thank you - halfway there now, but not all the way yet!

My "backup" secondary account can now access the sandbox lab.  I can log in to the lab and see the web pages regarding it.

But the only VPN credentials in the OUTPUT are for my original account.  I checked under both accounts, but the OUTPUT only has the original set of credentials.  Is there anywhere else to get them?

I believe we'll be bumping up against the maximum time limit soon too, and we haven't even gotten this one usable yet.  I see two solutions to this:

a) As long as you folks remain as responsive as you have been and can add the other users to a lab over the weekend - AND once this process works which we're still sorting out - I could fire new ones up each late Friday or over the weekend, request the folks to be added and by sometime Monday we could have all the people added and everything working so we can actually use it and test for several days through the next week.

b)  Or is there any way to just get this extended for a month or two?  Heck, even doing the above process every 2-3 weeks would be better than every week, but I have no way to make this lab longer than 1 week (and then remember, subtract off however many days it takes to get people set up, then I have a half day of configuring or more just to get it usable for our actual testing... and while important, doing this testing isn't our primary or only job...)

Anyway, thanks so much for your help so far, we're getting closer!

-Rich

zowu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Rich, we've extended your reservation with extra 1 month. We can extend it with more time if it is still required after that.

And also, you can share your VPN credential with your co-workers. The simultaneous VPN capacity is now increased to 4. 

rich21
Level 1
Level 1

Excellent, that will be a lot closer to the expected time frame needed, and 4 simultaneous logins to the VPN should be plenty.  We'll do a little testing of our testing (haha), but if all this works as advertised, I think this will do very well.

And thanks so much for your help!

Now, I'll try to be careful and not break the lab in a way that would require tearing it down and rebuilding it. Though no guarantees on that. (I tried to put a smiley here, but it wouldn't let me with colon-closeparen, so just pretend it's here! )

-Rich

We have not broken it!  In fact, due to vacations and other issues, we've barely even used it.

Would it be too much to get another month or two added to the time?  All else is awesome and working out great for us.

(And I'd feel bad, but I'm pretty sure this thing's just sitting here mostly idle and not really taking up a lot of resources anwyay!)

Thanks,

Rich

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: