cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP communicator is in registration loop with trying to connect to sandbox 11.5 CUCM

dustinschroeder
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am having an issue that I turned up CUCM 11.5 in the sandbox and tried to make a test call using Cisco IP Communicator 8.6.  I have setup the phone that I believe correctly but it is in a registration loop.  I have windows firewall turned off on my laptop were it is installed and also connecting to the Sandbox via the VPN correctly and can ping the publisher but I am not sure why it is in this loop.  Can I get some some assistance please.

Thank you,

Justin

33 Replies 33

Hi,

Instructions on how to add CIPC device to CUCM and register:

• Download CIPC (8.6) for windows and install
  • Boot CIPC. Right click on graphic and select preferences
  • Select network Tab
  • Select “Use this Device Name” The field should populate with the network adaptor MAC i.e. SEPxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • On TFTP servers, enter TFTP server 1 as “10.10.20.1”
  • Hit ok. CIPC will reboot

• Connect your Windows PC to the sandbox VPN
  • Goto 10.10.20.1 CUCM publisher and login
  • Goto Device – Phone – Add New
  • Phone Type is Cisco IP communicator
  • Protocol is SIP
  • Copy the SEPxxxxxxxxxxxx device name from above and copy it into the “Device Name” Field. Do the same for Description field
  • Device pool is default
  • Phone button template is Standard CIPC SIP
  • Softkey Template is Standard User
  • Common Phone Profile is Standard common Phone Profile
  • Owner is Anonymous
  • Device Security Profile is “Cisco IP communicator – Standard SIP…….”
  • Sip Profile is “Standard SIP Profile”
  • Hit save
  • On the LHS, click on the “Line [1]” link
  • In Directory number, enter 1130. Hit save twice

Go back out and restart/reboot CIPC. It should reboot automatically. Its sometimes tries to download locales. You can exit out of this. It does not affect device registration. CIPC should register with DN 1130.

Joe,

Thank you very much for those instructions, I have been able to get my phone to register finally.  I have a couple of questions though and I am not sure if maybe a webex and chat really quick couldn't answer them.

1) How do I make calls now that it is registerd

2) Am I allowed to have more then one PC on the VPN at once because as of right now it does not look like I can to test recording?

Thank you,

If webex is OK I would be available after 1:30 Central Standard Time.

Joe

When would we be able to do a webex sir?

Joe I want to follow up and see when a good time to do a webex still sir.  I am in need of a little more assistance.  Please let me know a good time.  I am available tomorrow after 10:30 CST

i will be available tomorrow fir a webex

Joe

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Joe,

I was wondering if you had a specific time today you would be available. I am here all day until 3:00 PM CST.

Dustin,

I will reach out to you today for a Webex.

I will contact you directly on email.

Joe

Dustin,

I sent you a private email today but have not heard back. Please reply back privately.

Thanks,

Joe

For some reason sir when I reply to your message I get a kick back and due to a 553 addres unknown. I have not received any private message yet sir and I don't know why.

Joe,

Give me a call please sir by calling 1-800-388-8402 and asking for Justin or you can call 1-214-673-3706.  The latter number will get you to a gentlemen Jimmy Walsh who can get a hold of me.

Thank you ,

Justin Smith

Can we get a manager involved in this?  This has been going on for several weeks where we cannot seem to even get a conference call going.  We have several customers that are waiting for this and need to have this escalated within Cisco support. I would like a manager to call me at the number below.

Thanks,

Art Yri

CTO

OnviSource Inc.

Joe I was wondering when we could talk sir to finish out this project?

Thank you,

Justin

Dustin

trying to get one of the guys in the states to deal with this. i am in gmt. we are out of sync with timezones.

Joe

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Joe,

I wanted to follow up and see if there had been another tech assigned to this since that is our next step sir?