cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Meraki DevNet Allways on Sandbox account locked

CSCO12551800
Level 1
Level 1

I just spun up a DevNet > Environments > Meraki Always On-20240701T07484730 and I cannot log in as I get the following error when trying to log into the Meraki dashboard:

"This account has been locked after too many failed login attempts. Contact your network administrator(s)."

I am also not able to "End" the session.  I click on "Yes I'm Sure" and nothing.

10 Replies 10

CSCO12551800
Level 1
Level 1

I want to add that when I tried to refresh the page, I got the following error:

400 Bad Request

Request Header Or Cookie Too Large

nginx

Hi, 

We will take a look and come back to you. 

Support

@CSCO12551800 try an incognito browser, this should fix the 400 error.

Please mark this as helpful or solution accepted to help others
Connect with me https://bigevilbeard.github.io

I will try that in the future, thank you

zowu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We've unlocked the devnetmeraki account. Please try the Meraki sandbox now. 

Hi

The account is still locked or maybe locked again.  Anyhoo, I cannot gain access to this Sandbox and will assume that it will lock again and again and again, so this resource is not technically available.

cgm
Level 1
Level 1

I guess this is related to the portal asking for OTP even if using the browser (Firefox in my case) in private mode ? No way to get the devnetmeraki@cisco.com 2FA token...
(Chrome does the same BTW)

Also, trying to use the API returns a rate limit (429) on first "get networks" for org 549236 which appears to be the sandbox's org ?

I am not being asked for any tokens yet.  I select the option to log in with a personal account and get blocked on the password.  I am not even getting to the OTP screen so I cannot confirm if I have the same issue as you.

Tokens (or API key)  is needed for REST API, so you will not be asked for it. But the API token is fixed and documented elsewhere.

There are many organizations somehow related to the account, and the obvious "original" one is rate limited, but others are not. Depending on your needs, the sandbox may still be useful in its current state.

Hi, 

Apologies. I understood that we fixed that and I have not seen the issue in quiet a while. I will take another look. 
In the meantime, you can reserve the private lab "Meraki Small Business and Enterprise". This will provide your with a full org and network. I see there is one available now so jump on it.

Thanks, 

Support