ckettenis
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Some system information:
Mac OSX Heigh Sierra

Postman

Firefox/chrome

I am new to the finesse development. And in trying to get started I followed the documentation to the letter. First you request a Sandbox on the DevNet site. I did that and got an email saying use the vpn. After I filled in the credentials they send you I was indeed connected. I started doing the Lab they recommended  in the documentation.

However when I try to access the finesse API it gives me "Could not get any response". the url I used was http://<vpn ip adres>:<vpn poort>/finesse/api/SystemInfo as recommended online. I can not find any additional information to what might cause this error.

I also tried this in Firefox en chrome but without any success.

I did some more research and found that I also could log into the finesse environment. I clicked on the link provided in the sandbox and found the credentials. But I again get a error message. "Device not accessible. Contact your system administrator."

I think its related somehow but I can not seem to find the problem.

Any help is appreciated!

Kind regards,

Cornelis Kettenis

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Well, that changes my answer then... That isn't the wrong one, Finesse is on both labs. I had a 50/50 chance of guessing correctly and I apparently I didn't...

So, for the UCCX sandbox, please take a look at the Finesse tab to start up the Jabber phones. You need to RDP into each of the 3 windows VM and start up the Jabber application.

1. RDP to Jabber1:
    • IP Address: 10.10.20.12
    • Username: administrator
    • Password: ciscopsdt
  2. If Jabber is not already open, open the Jabber application. A shortcut can be found on the desktop.
  3. Repeat steps a & b on Jabber2:
    • IP Address: 10.10.20.13
  4. Repeat steps a & b on Jabber3:
    • IP Address: 10.10.20.14

The FQDN for that sandbox is hq-uccx.abc.inc and port 8082. So, it should be http://hq-uccx.abc.inc:8082/finesse/api/SystemInfo.

Again, I hope this helps!

Thanx,

Denise

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Cornelis,

Welcome to Finesse development and DevNet sandboxes!

May I ask which version of the sandbox did you reserve? I am thinking that it is the PCCE 11.5 sandbox.

Now, for the url of the SystemInfo, it is actually http://<FQDN of Finesse>:<Finesse port>/finesse/api/SystemInfo. After being connected via VPN, the FQDN of Finesse (which is the same as the part of the Finesse desktop's url) is fin-pub-a-50.berlin.icm and for http, the port is 8082. So, the full url should be http://fin-pub-a-50.berlin.icm:8082/finesse/api/SystemInfo.

Then, for the error message of "Device is not accessible...", that is because the device/phone is not registered. Per documentation in the lab guide (page 5), it states:

Agent Extensions:

Camelot is an internally developed Cisco tool that allows phone simulation.  There are currently ten registered Camelot phones in the PCCE Environment. The associated extensions are 1000 - 1009. The device names are SEP6001FFFF0000 - SEP6001FFFF0009. They are simulated 7970 IP phones.  

Upon initial login to the AWA-1 server, a batch file runs which registers these simulated phones with the Call Manager.  You may see a window like the one below followed by a short script upon login:

No action is needed on your part other than to use these extensions when working with pre-provisioned accounts.  If you wish to better understand what occurs with this script, see Appendix 1.

So, if you use extensions 1000-1009, it should just work. Which extension did you use to login? If you used one of the valid extensions but still have an issue, please see Appendix 1 of the lab guide to restart the camelot service.

I hope this helps!

Thanx,

Denise

Thanks for the reply.

I will put the general information down here for which sandbox i use. It may very well be the wrong one.

Welcome to the UCCX Sandbox!

The UCCX Sandbox is everything you need to develop against the popular Finesse, UCCX, and SocialMiner API's! This Sandbox contains the following products:

• UCCX 11.6
  • Finesse 11.6
  • CUIC 11.6
  • SocialMiner 11.6
  • MediaSense 11.5
  • CUCM 11.5
  • IM and Presence 11.5
  • CUC 11.5
  • Domain Controller

Once you have reserved this lab, you'll have full administrative, API, and functional access to every server in the lab. It is YOUR environment!Take a look at the UCCX Sandbox quick guide to help you get started! Additional information can be found in the other tabs at the top of this page.How to reserve and connect to the lab:

1. Press the 'Reserve' button at the top right.
  2. Schedule a reservation for up to one week (Click the pencil)
  3. You will receive an email with VPN credentials when the sandbox is ready
  4. If not installed already, download and install AnyConnect here!
  5. Connect to the sandbox lab environment by using AnyConnect to VPN to the sandbox's private network. VPN information can be found in the email.
  6. You may now connect to all of the servers of the sandbox directly, as your PC is on the sandbox's local network
  7. Create, develop and test with no fear!

I tried out the link you send me did not work.

As for the login error i used the login info provided and my own browser. but with your awnser i did find the correct link!

Greeting,

Cornelis Kettenis

Well, that changes my answer then... That isn't the wrong one, Finesse is on both labs. I had a 50/50 chance of guessing correctly and I apparently I didn't...

So, for the UCCX sandbox, please take a look at the Finesse tab to start up the Jabber phones. You need to RDP into each of the 3 windows VM and start up the Jabber application.

1. RDP to Jabber1:
    • IP Address: 10.10.20.12
  2. If Jabber is not already open, open the Jabber application. A shortcut can be found on the desktop.
  3. Repeat steps a & b on Jabber2:
    • IP Address: 10.10.20.13
  4. Repeat steps a & b on Jabber3:
    • IP Address: 10.10.20.14

The FQDN for that sandbox is hq-uccx.abc.inc and port 8082. So, it should be http://hq-uccx.abc.inc:8082/finesse/api/SystemInfo.

Again, I hope this helps!

Thanx,

Denise

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: